7.0 Donnie x Mazicana

Next: Raph x Den

Later: Donnie x Peach

superheroleslie

Misunderstood

by Lucky Daye

Mazicana sat patiently on Donnie's desk as he fiddled away at different beakers and test tubes. She absentmindedly passed him the different lab equipment he asked for as he mumbled the steps to the experiment to himself. Donnie and Mazicana were supposed to be getting ready to go on a date, but Don was stuck trying to perfect his latest formula. Mazicana didn't complain though, she knew how her boyfriend could get when he was close to discovering something.

Donnie swirled the flask in his hand until the solution turned from clear to green. "Yes! I finally did it. Thank you for waiting, Maz."

Mazicana hopped down from her seat and smiled up at her boyfriend. "It's cool. You just better get me an extra order of gyoza to make up for it."

Donnie kissed the top of her head and returned her smile. Grabbing her hand in his, the couple began to walk out of the lab. Before they could get far, April sprinted towards them with papers in her hand. 

She stopped in front of Donnie and waved her homework in his face. "Donnie, I need your help. I have a huge chemistry test tomorrow and I don't know how to do this stoichiometry!" 

Donnie let go of his girlfriend's hand and took the papers from April. He looked over the work and began to walk towards the lab, April trailing behind him. 

Maz blinked. Did he really just forget about their date that quick? "Uh, Donnie. I thought we were  about to go out?"

"Oh, you don't mind do you? We can go right after I help April." Donnie responded, not realizing the look of hurt on his girlfriend's face. He successfully walked into the lab before he could even hear what she had to say.

Maz rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. "Right. That date is never happening." She plopped down between Raph and Leo on the couch.

"Another one, huh?" Raphael asked as he scooted over to make more room.

Instead of responding with words, Mazicana flung her head back on the backrest of the couch and groaned angrily. Leo put a hand on her shoulder. Mikey, who was on the floor sitting down, moved closer to her and rested his head against her legs. Donnie's three brothers could see what was happening as clear as Maz could. 

"I just don't understand." Maz threw her hands in the air and sat up. "He looks at her like he loves her and cancels everything for her. Why do I even waste my time if he doesn't like me back?"

Mikey frowned. "I don't know, dudette. He says that he likes you whenever we say something to him about it."

"We can talk to him again, if you want." Leo suggested. "So you can at least get an answer."

Maz shook her head and stood up. "I appreciate the support guys, but I'm tired of it. I'm giving him one more chance. If he doesn't show me otherwise, I'm done with it."

She grabbed her jacket and bag. Mikey whined and trapped her into a bear hug. "No, dudette! You can't because then you won't come around anymore and we won't be friends."