5. Raph x Reader

Too Good to Say Goodbye

by Bruno Mars

Raph's PoV

I slumped in my seat. Another mistake, another argument, another situation that could have been avoided if I wouldn't have let my temper get the best of me. I held the necklace I had bought her a year ago for our five month anniversary. My anger has gotten worse since Sensei died and I just pushed away the only person that was willing to help me with my rage. (Y/N) left me and threw the necklace on her way out. She took my happiness with her.

All I want to do is start over, make (Y/N) see that I'm truly sorry for what happened. She was my everything, more than just my girlfriend. She was my life support. Without her, how can my heart beat? She was my partner in crime.

I took out my T-phone and dialed her number for what felt like the hundredth time today and it wasn't even noon yet. Two rings and she sent me to voicemail.

"Baby, ain't nobody gonna love me like the way you do..." I sighed deeply before continuing. "Tell me what can I do to make it up to you? Cause what we got is too good to say goodbye..."

I hung up the phone and groggily walked to my bed. I laid on my side and closed my eyes, even though I knew I had no chance of falling asleep. A minute later, my phone rang, but I didn't bother to pick it up. I figured it was Mikey playing another joke on me. I'm tired of the prank calls. Twenty minutes later, there was a knock on my door.

"Go away, Mikey. I'm not in the mood for-"

"Raphael... its me. Can we talk?" (Y/N)'s soothing voice sounded from behind my door.

Within two seconds, I was swinging my door open, much to her surprise. Her eyes softened at the sight of me. I haven't slept since our breakup, so I can only imagine what I look like right now.

She slowly hugged me, burying her face into my plastron. "I got your message... well messages. I think we need to talk about things."

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm still in love with you, darling. And with how you're hugging me right, I know you feel the same." I held her shoulders and looked her in the eye. "What's the point of us being broken hearted?"

She lowered her head. I lifted her chin lightly. "I pray it's never too late."

"Raph, I..." She stumbled on her words. I wiped the tear that fell down her delicate face.

"It's okay. We don't have to rush into things. But just know,  you're more than my girl. You're my best friend. If we're gonna fight, let's fight for better days." I kiss her forehead.

She places her hand over mine. "Raphie, this is our chance, let's take it."

This was short and slightly full of fluff. Today was my last day of school so I published this to celebrate it.