1.3 (HamiltonAU) Reader x Leo x Karai

TW: a short scene of abuse

I didn't want to do any major changes to the lyrics, so just know you aren't married to Leo (yet) in this lol. And naturally, some lyrics will be skipped to shorten the chapter.

A few months pass as your relationship with Leo grew stronger. Shredder and Sensei both suspected something to be off with their pupils. Leo had become more distracted when training. You became less impulsive during battles, something Shredder had raised you to do. You were to act on your anger, yet you learned to control it. Leonardo was to be the serious brother, but he allowed himself to relax more and have fun.

That's when Splinter sent Leo to South America to regain the skills he thought his son had loss and to assist the Might Mutanimals with a mission. The timing couldn't have been worse. A week after the blue and green hero left, you found out you were pregnant.

Karai had sneaked a pregnancy test to you when Shredder went out on a solo mission. You thought you had discarded the evidence well. Little did you know Bradford had followed you, as ordered by Shredder, to see what you were hiding.

The next thing you knew, Oroku Saki slammed you against the wall, brutally beating you for being reckless. You did your best to protect your stomach and baby. Despite the bruises that dotted your skin and the severely sprained ankle you now had, your baby had survived the onslaught.

So you did the only thing you could to protect your future family: you ran. Karai helped you to smuggle enough money from your father to last over a year.

~~~~~

Once your ankle healed, you found yourself running across the rooftops alone. You searched the length of the city for three of the four terrapin brothers.

"Dudes, I think someone's following us." Mikey tried to whisper to his older brothers, but it was more of a yell.

Raphael and Donatello quickly whipped their heads around to scan their surroundings. You removed yourself from the shadows, arms wrapped around your waist and stomach.

"You again?" Raph growled. "What? No Foot army to do your bidding?"

Donnie pointed his weapon in your directions as you walked closer to the incomplete group. "This might be a trap."

"It's not a trap, I swear. I... I need you to give this to your sensei. It'll explain everything. I left the Foot Clan. I need Leo to come home." You spoke carefully.

Raph scrunched his face up in anger. "You really want us to believe we can trust you enough to take that letter to Splinter? What the shell does this have to do with Leo?"

Sighing heavily, you admit your big secret. "I'm pregnant and the baby is Leo's. We've had a secret relationship for a year now. Everything else you need to know is in here."

Mikey approached you slowly. Placing a hand in your shoulder, his sad expression matched yours. The next thing you knew, he was engulfing you into a tight hug. You pulled away after a few seconds and handed him the letter. "Please bring my Leo back to me."

~~~~~

Leonardo sprinted across New York City the moment he returned home. Sensei had given him an address and told him it was urgent that he investigated the apartment. He didn't understand what his father meant at the time, but now he was piecing together things.

You were facing away from the window when he entered. Leo moved to hug you, but fell short when he saw your stomach, which was now showing.

"Look around, look around at how luck we are to be alive right now." You smiled at him with mixed emotions. "Look around."

He placed a hand on your stomach. "How long have you known?"

"A month or so."

He looked at you in disbelief. Had he really missed so much when he was gone? "Y/n, you should have told me."

"I wrote to Splinter a month ago. I begged him to send you home." You explained as he turned away from you in frustration.

"You should have told me." He plopped down on your bed.

"I'm not sorry." You spit back. Sighing, you decided to take a different route with talking to him. "I knew you'd fight until the war was won-"

"The war's not done." He interrupted you.

"-but you deserve a chance to meet your son. Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now."

Leo hung his head in shame. He didn't deserve you. "Will you relish being a turtle's wife, unable to provide for your life?"

"I relish being your wife..."

You sat next to him, gently rubbing his shoulders in comfort. He took your free hand in his. "Leo, I love you, you know that. But I can't get through this pregnancy alone. I need you here with me."

"Y/n, you know there's nowhere else I'd rather be. It's just... I'm a freak. How can you possibly love me? I'm an oversized screw up who ruined your life by getting you pregnant. I don't deserve you."

You placed your hand on top of his. "If this child shares a fraction of your smile or a fragment of your mind, look out world. That would be enough."

This managed to make Leo laugh. The tension in his shoulders dissipated as you took in your compliments.

You continued. "I don't pretend to know, the challenges you're facing. The worlds you keep erasing and creating in your mind." Both of you had your troubles pasts. Neither of you were perfect, but you had to let him know you weren't afraid. You knew and loved Leo. As long as he came home to you, your world would be perfect.

You moved his hands to rest on top of your stomach. "Let this moment be the first chapter where you decide to stay."

Leonardo kissed your forehead gently. He allowed his lips to linger there for a moment before he pulled away. "We'll get through this. We've beat every other obstacle. We'll beat this one too."