Hunger Games AU- Sam

A/N: You will have some similarities to Katniss but I'll try to make it different. Besides Katniss is a badass. I nearly cried at the ending with Peta and their children! I was sooo happy!

I might do a Dean one as well. Make it into a series of ya know what I mean.

"I don't wanna go! What if I get picked?!" My younger sister, Leah cried.

This was her first way first reaping since she just turned 12. Me, on the other hand, this was my forth year since I was 16. I was lucky I had managed to survive four years without being picked.

"I promise you won't be picked. When have I ever broken a promise huh little sis?"

"Never." She muttered.

"Told you. Now let's go meet up with Sam and his brother before we're late." I informed, making sure that we both looked presentable and smart.

"Y/N stop fussing! I'm fine! Can we just go?"

"Fine, don't want to be late to see your boyfriend now do we?" I teased her.

"Dean is not my boyfriend!"

"Sure Leah, you keep telling yourself that." I giggled.

"What about Sam huh? He's your moose of a boyfriend."

I gasped and stuck my tongue out at her. "Ok fine, I'll admit it! I do have a crush on Sam but if you ever tell him that, you'll have more to worry about than the Reaping!" I scowled at her only to receive a smirk back.

We made our way out of our home. It was just us two living together since out parents died a while back. I had become the legal guardian of Leah which meant cooking, cleaning, shopping and working my butt off to keep our home. A lot of pressure for a sixteen year old.

However, I did receive some help from my best friend, Sam Winchester. He was literally the sweetest guy in the district. A ray of light in a dark world as I like to think. He would always help me with what I needed when he could. That's probably why I love him so much.

"Y/N, are we going or what?" Leah called out, making me snap out of my daze.

"Oh, uh yeah! Sammy and Dean are probably waiting." I grabbed my little sisters hand and hurried to the Winchesters.

Luckily they were waiting for us. When Sam noticed me he smiled that perfect smile. Dean did the same but with Leah. Dean was older than Leah but not by much. He was 14. The two had obvious crushes on each other.

"Hey guys sorry we're late. Y/N was daydreaming again." Leah sighed in annoyance.

"I was not! I was making sure you were ready!" I argued.

"So that why you were standing there staring into space?"

"Dean, can you please take Leah before I kill her?" I asked. Dean nodded, taking Leah's hand, making her blush, and pulled her away.

Now it was just me and Sam. "Is your sibling like that? If not, you're so lucky." I said to him.

"Hey turn that frown upside down. I miss your smile, beautiful." He chuckled.

My lips twitched up into a smile. "See, that's better. Now let's get going. Don't want to be late."

"If I can get through two more years of this crap, I'll be safe." I groaned.

"Y/N, we'll never be safe. If you do make it two years, then you've got your sister to worry about. She's not gonna be safe till she's eighteen and neither will Dean." Sam frowned.