Dean (+Kid!Dean)

Imagine: Mary reconnecting you with an old friend.

"Boys! You'll never guess who I just bumped into!" Mary exclaimed as she quickly clomped down the bunker stairs, into the library where the boys were looking for another case.

Sam looked up from his computer while Dean shut the most recent newspaper in his hands, chucking it on the table. He swung his feet, that were perched up on the table, down to the floor.

"Who?" Sam asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Y/N! You won't remember her Sam but Dean will. They were best friends when they were like four...before the..." Their mother smiled brightly but trailed off, not wanting to remember the incident.

Dean frowned at the memory but quickly changed the subject. "Who again?"

"Really Dean? You don't remember your childhood best friend, Y/N? You and her were practically inseparable." She chuckled.

"Mom, I seriously can't re-" Then it clicked it Dean's brain. "Oh yeah! I remember her now. She was the girl with H/C hair and E/C eyes right?"

Mary nodded happily. "Yeah! You had the biggest crush on her as well. It was so cute."

Sam burst out laughing, enjoying the embarrassment that washed over his older brother. Dean's cheeks were tinted red and his whole body was tense.

"N-no I didn't. Dean Winchester does not have crushes!"

"Oh yeah you did Dean. You used to come home from school and talk on stop about her. Then you'd beg me to let her come over so you two could play. It would be like she lived miles away when she only lived next door!" Mary giggled, remembering the memories.

Sam was clutching his stomach from laughing so hard. He was nearly falling out of his chair. "Damn this is hilarious. Wittle Deanie had a crush." The younger Winchester teased in a baby voice.

Dean growled at him, fist balled and ready to pounce. "Shut up bitch!"

"Jerk."

"Boys! Both of you will go to your rooms!" Mary threatened in her best mom voice that made both boys act like scolded children.

"He started it." Dean pouted.

"Tell me more Mom. This is gold." Sam asked his Mom, smirking at Dean who bitchfaced him.

"Well..."

Flashback to when Dean and Reader are 4. Before Mary's death. Dean's POV

I wondered around the playground alone. The other children were either playfully with their friends or exploring. I was just on my own because I wasn't good at making friends.

I then saw the mean bullies picking on the new girl. I hadn't met her yet but I thought she was really pretty.

"Why don't you speak? Are you stupid?" Jake, the main bully asked, making his friends laugh.

The girl didn't say anything back. She just stood shyly in front of them, looking down at the floor.

"You are aren't you? You're a big stupid poo head!" He said, grinning nastily.

The girl tried to walk away but Jake stopped her by blocking her path. "Where you going poo head? You got no friends cause nobody likes you."

Tears grew in her eyes. Her bottom lip was trembling. "Aww you're crying. Big baby!" Jake teased, pulling on her hair with lots of force. She winced at the yanking.

At the sight, I began running up to them. When I got there, I pushed Jake over with all my might, sending him crashing to the ground.

"Leave her alone you Jerk!" I yelled, standing protectively in front of the girl.