Dean (Soulmate AU)

Imagine: Everyone has their soulmates first words tattooed on their wrist. I know it's a bit cliche but shhhhh.

Dean's POV

The engine of my Baby purred as I drove down the road to a case, with Sam by my side. The radio played one of my Metallica songs softly. Everything seemed pretty normal.

My eyes flickered to my wrist. The sleeve of my flannel had rode up slightly, making the tattoo visible. It made me internally cringe.

Let me explain a bit. Everyone on the frickin planet had a tattoo on their wrist. Why? Cause that's their soulmates first words that they ever say to them. It helps you find your other half. All that gross chick flick crap.

The first words that my 'soulmate' would ever say to me were: 'Sorry.' What could she be sorry for? Is she really clumsy or something? Or is she sorry that's she's my soulmate. Cause I'm sorry that I'm her soulmate. She doesn't deserve a broken man like me.

It's not like I don't want to find mine, I would like that. However, I'm Dean Winchester. Hunter, ex-demon, womaniser and drunk. Why would any woman want that?

Not only that but I'm poison. Everyone around me dies. Charlie, Bobby, Kevin, Sam. But he came back like 50 times. And you wanna know something else? It's all my fault. Sammy might tell me different but I know it's me.

"It's ok to think about her dude. She is your soulmate." Sam's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I quickly averted my eyes back to the road, trying to pretend that I wasn't looking at my wrist. "I don't know what you're talking about." I mumbled.

Sam scoffed. "Yeah you do Dean. All I'm saying is, it's ok to let yourself love. It's an amazing feeling finding the other half of your soul."

I turned my head to see Sam staring down at his wrist. He'd already met his girl. Jess. When she died, Sam was so broken. I couldn't imagine that amount of pain. I didn't want to imagine that type of pain.

"And all I'm saying is; who would want my sorry ass? Whoever she is, she's probably asking God to change soulmates." I chuckled.

"I'm sure she wouldn't Dean. She's probably just a jerk like you so it's a perfect match." Sam snorted.

A smile tugged at my lips. Only Sammy could make me feel better. "Whatever Bitch." I retort, focusing on driving again.

"Doesn't matter anyway, Baby's my soulmate." I patted her dashboard.

"That's probably what dad said until he met mom." Sam laughed.

"Can we just focus on the case? I hate talking about all this lovey dovey crap." I huff.

"Fine, the werewolves lair should be just around the corner so take this right."

I did as Sam said, for once, and turned right. It took us into a dirt road, leading into the forest. The sun had set which made everything creepier. Not that I was scared cause I wasn't. I just wanted to get this case done and maybe hit the bar. A typical Dean night doesn't sound so bad.

I stopped the engine, climbed out of the car and headed for the trunk. There, me and Sammy silent loaded up with guns and knives. It was kinda like a tradition.

"Ready?" I grunted at Sam.

"As I'll ever be." He answered. With that, we marched through the dark forest with guns in our hands, ready for anything.