Chapter 3: Missing our Parents

××Jamal in the MM××
-------------------------------------------------------
(A'Raya's POV)

"So since you were four at the time...do you remember mom or dad at all?" Bri looks at me.

"I mean...just a little. Life was good back then. They really loved us"

 They really loved us"

"Not me" Riley sighs.

"I'm sure mom loved you too"

"How could she?...she couldn't even take me home as a new born baby"

"So what?" Bri responds to her.

"I never even seen my mother but y'all did...how do y'all think that makes me feel"

"Sorry" Bri says.

"Yeah but we all feel that way. It's not like I can fully remember her...just barely" I say.

"You know, I just wished daddy would've stayed to take care of us" Bri says.

"Shit, his wife gone missing. I can see why he reacted the way he did" Riley says.

"But he had kids at home! Why would he just abandon us like that" Bri cries.

I lean over and rub her shoulders as she buries her head in her arms crying.

"I miss him too yo..." Riley cries.

I look down, trying to get my own self together. I hated seeing my sisters cry. It still reminds me that underneath all their bad behavior...they're really hurt deep down.

"I can't do this, I need to go" Brianna says suddenly, getting up from the table.

"Where you going? I ask.

"I don't know yet...."

"Ok well just be careful"

She nods and walks away down the hall.

"You okay?" I ask Riley.

"I'm fine" she says lowly.

I get up and push in my chair. "You can always talk to me if you need to okay. But I'm going to bed, so take care of the house" I give her a hug.

(Riley's POV)

"Okay, night" I say watching Ray walk upstairs.

A few seconds later, I get up and make me hot pocket, since I am hungry as shit and Ray didn't cook tonight. Taking it out and grabbing a cup of soda from the fridge, I make my way over to the couch and turn on the tv.

*Phone dings*

I put down my food and check my phone, seeing a new message from Ashara. Ashara is my best friend by the way...she's also a lesbian too.