Chapter 61: Dedicated

××Jacob in the MM××
-------------------------------------------------------
*3 days Later* (Brianna's POV)

"Thank you sweetie" I say, retrieving my coffee cup from her hands.

"I brought you a doughnut too ma'am, chocolate frosted with sprinkles" she sits the brown bag down on top of my desk.

"Thank you. Your dismissed for now" I sip my coffe, watching her leave out from my office.

I sit down my cup and flip through the new recruitment files, seeing which one possibly catches my eye the most from the crowd.

*Knock on the Door*

"Come in" I call out, not taking my eyes off the paperwork.

"Good morning boss" I hear Jacob's voice.

"Morning"

"What chu' doing?" he sits in front of my desk.

"My job" I chuckle.

"Smart-ass"

"I'm smarter than you" I smile down.

"Probably so. But when are we gonna start my training"

"Why do I gotta train you? Your MY bodyguard remember?"

"Ya dad says otherwise"

"Ugh. I can never win, I swear..."

"Well I'm a let y'all figure that out, I'm not in the family...well not yet" he smiles.

"And what makes you think you will be some day?" I chuckle, still writing.

"The day when you have my baby"

"Uh no, I'll pass"

"You can't. You've already promised me you would someday"

"I don't recall" I laugh.

"Whatever. But speaking of family and kids, you still talk to yours?"

"I don't have any kids" I look up at him finally.

"Damn...you not even claiming the kid nomore?" he raised his eyebrow at me.

"What kid, Jacob?"

"Dre's kid, Brianna"

"Oh...I never told you did I" I say looking away.

"Tell me what?"

"I had a miscarriage, when you were still in the hospital actually. Right after the doctor let me see and listen to the baby breathe....it just...died--" I look away feeling sad all over again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up. I didn't know you wanted to keep it--"

"I didn't...but just seeing that my belly was popping out a little more and knowing that I had another life growing inside me...I just...I don't know--" I get up and lean on the wall, looking out my window.

"Well I'm sorry for you. Even though...I hated the fact that you'd have his kid instead of mine, I still feel kind of bad that you lost it when you were looking forward to having it" he comes over to rub my back.

"It's okay. Its not like you knew or it was your fault..."

"Lets talk about something else though. I notice your more nicer today than them past couple of days"