Chapter 37: Talking with A'Raya

××A'Raya in the MM××
-------------------------------------------------------
(Jamal's POV)

"Ray?" I yell, closing Brianna's bedroom door.

"Yes?" she answers.

"Where are you?"

"Downstairs!" she hollers.

Finding the steps, I head downstairs seeing A'Raya sitting down and watching Tv.

"Hey. Can we talk for a bit"

"Sure daddy" she moves over, letting me sit beside her.

"So whats up, how you been?"

"I'm good. I feel good today..." she smiles.

"Well thats good. So how's work?"

"Uh..boring as usual"

"Yeah I hear you"

"I forgot to mention that I'm in college now, I got in finally"

"Really?"

"Mmhm. I'm on winter break now though"

"What college?"

"The U" she says confidently

"Great, what is your field?"

"Medical, I always wanted to be a baby doctor remember"

"Yep I remember you loved playing doctor with your baby dolls and with me too"

"Oh my god, remember when you and mom used to act sick so I could give yall check ups"

"Yep" I smile.

"I think thats what made me wanna become a doctor"

"Well I'm proud of you A'Raya. Keep following ya dreams babe, I believe in you"

"Awe thanks dad"

"But beside your success in school, hows your life outside of it?"

"If your talking about my personal life, then there's nothing really positive to say" she looks away.

"Why you say that?" I sit back.

"Because...the past two men I gave myself to...let me down"

"The one that slept with Brianna is one right?"

"Yeah. I thought I really found someone who liked me, but it seems like everyone always goes for my sisters more than me"

"Awe. Don't think like that" I rub her shoulder.

"Not to bash my sister or anything but why do she always gets the boys. She has Jacob already, who loves and would do anything for her. Like she still has a man to go to at the end of the day. Why can't I have that..."

"Because you haven't came across that man that's just right for you yet. Be patient babe, he'll come"

"I been waiting my whole life for this one boy and he turned me down in a heartbeat"

"And who was this?

"Isaac" she looks over.

"Well he a pretty boy and you know how they are. Just cause he Dominican and black he think he the shit"

 Just cause he Dominican and black he think he the shit"

"Yeah but Its still hard not to like him. He's smart and wants to be in medical career too. We seemed so perfect together but...he wants them bad girls and sluts on campus"

"He a young boy, that's what they all want. Babe you want a man right? Not no lil boy who still fooling with the school's hoes"

She chuckles.

"Babe trust me, I know how you feel"

"But I just feel...ugly you know, since no one ever tells me that I'm not. I never get any attention, so it's hard not to feel like it's something wrong with me"

"A'Raya Dior Allen, you are beautiful. How can you not see that baby girl? Your skin is a nice brown shade, you got a lot of nice hair, your mixed, cute lil button nose, pretty lips, beautiful eyes that's like a mix of brown and green somehow. Your tall, fit, dress nice, your a lady, smart as whip, driven to success, sweet as pie, caring. Your amazing boo. Be confident in yourself A'Raya"

She smiles and look down.

"And one day, someone else is going to say that about you. Just gotta be patient and do you for now. Who cares if Brianna or Riley have people to go to...you will too some day"

"I know and thank you for that dad"

"No problem babe. I love you, come give me a hug" I hold out my arms.

She comes in closer and I pull her into a nice hug, kissing her cheek in the process. I always hated when women feel like they're not good enough to be loved.

Every girl is beautiful in their own way and it's a shame my daughter doesn't believe that she is. A'Raya is a pretty girl, a smart one too, I just want her to see that for herself. You gotta love ya self first before anyone can love you.

💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓
Heyyy Readers

Thanks once again for all the votes and comments on this story. I really appreciate it.

Hope y'all enjoying the story.