Part 44: No

××Brianna in the Media××
-------------------------------------------------------
*2:50 am* (Brianna's POV)
*Phone Rings Constantly*☎📞

Groaning, I reach over to answer my phone off the other side of my bed. Looking down at the screen, I woke up a little faster from seeing Jacob's caller ID.

"Hey" I say, finally answering the call.

"Brianna?" I hear a female's voice answer instead of his.

"Who is this?"

"It's Mia Brianna.....Jacob.....Jacob--" her voice saddens.

"Jacob what?" I open my eyes a little more.

"He was shot in the head...." she cries.

"What?" I ask, immediately feeling tears run down from my eyes.

"He's in critical condition, we're at the hospital. And I just--I just don't know"

"Which one?" I get up, looking around for something quick to put on.

"Downtown..."

"I'm on my way..." I hang up, throwing on my shoes.

Going into Ray's room, I wake her up to tell her I'm leaving.

"Where are you going?" she asked, awakening from her bed as well.

"Jacob got shot in the head and I just need to be there for him" I tell her.

"Oh my god! Well I'm coming with you then"

"Let's go then" I rush and go downstairs, accidentally waking up our dad on the couch.

"What's going on?" he asked, from hearing movement upstairs.

I don't reply and just walk out the house, getting into Ray's car.

*3:05 am*

I run into the waiting room, seeing Mia and Tiara up ahead and sitting down.

"Where is he?" I ask her immediately.

"He's in the back but we can't go back there"

"Fuck!" I pull at my hair. "Is he going to be okay?"

"They said that they can't say right now, it's pretty bad" she cries.

Tears rush down once again as I sit down in one of the chairs, worrying myself to death at this point. Ray joins me and pushes my head on to hers for comfort. I guess she saw how much fear I was going through.😔

"You gotta keep him in prayer okay, don't think the worst.."

I cry more. "But...not everyone comes out from being shot in the head"

"Stop thinking that Brianna, just try to be positive ok" she cries a little.

*3:49 am*

I look up to see the doctors now approaching us, stopping in front of our chairs.

"Is he okay?" I stand up.

"He's um...doing worst actually. We're not sure if he'll make it--much longer ma'am. But we're doing the best we can ok. I'm sorry to say this to you"

"No! Please no" I cry.

"I'm so sorry ma'am, we're trying the best we can"

"Can I see him please?! Please just let me see him" I beg.

"I'm sorry but we can't let you in that room ma'am"

"Oh my god-- my baby is gonna  fucking...die without me" I cry, getting down on the ground to bury my head in my arms.

"We'll take it from here. But thank you" my dad says surprisingly, picking me up slowly. ...he had came after we got here.

Holding me in his arms, I cry on his chest and pull angrily at his shirt. I was breaking down so badly.😭😥

"Sweetie I'm sorry. Try to calm down for me" he pulls me up by my face.

"No! Get off me! You don't even like him! So just leave...just leave--me alone" I snap, pushing away from his arms and crying more.

A'Raya then hugs me instead, seeing that I just couldn't get it together. I was so distraught over this😥😣 and the guilt was eating me alive.

"Jacob please,....please don't leave me...please--"

"Brianna stop crying babe please" She cries too.

"Please don't leave me, ....I don't want him to leave me. I love him and I'm sorry....please don't leave me--please" 😢💔

*6:12 am*🌄

I'm looking out the window, watching the sun come up from the tall buildings surrounding us. It was so peacful to watch but I just wished...it was the same in my head and heart right now. I'm so sad deep down, and I can just feel the guilt building up in the pit of my stomach.

It's my fault he's in here. If I hadn't fucked with Andre, maybe we'd still be in the house cuddling the night away. I just feel horrible inside. But maybe I deserved this feeling.

*Door Opens*🚪💢

I look back, seeing the doctors come out once again. Taking a deep breath, I walk up to them and give them both my undivded attention, expecting the worst.

"Hello, we have some news..."

"Okay let's hear it" I say, preparing myself.

"So Mr. Mendoza was struck in the head with a 9mm pistol round. It deflected off his skull and went to the back of his head. Now, he's still in critical condition but he's breathing better on his own and the bleeding has completely stopped since removal of...some of his tissue to get the bullet out. So, he's doing better than he was when he first got here and your more then welcome to see him now"

"Thank you so much and God bless. Yes can I see him" ...such a blessing.

"Only one person can go back at a time okay"

I look back at Mia, giving her the look that I'm going in. He's in love with me more anyways so.

Following them back to the room, I see him laying up on the bed with tubes in his nose and one in his mouth. White bandages covered his head and his left eye. IVs were placed in his arms, giving him blood and some other liquid. He looked so banged up. ..My poor baby...

I rush up to him, grabbing his cold soft hands and kissing them.

"Hey...it's so good to see you Jay. Even though you probably can't hear me right now. Just know that I love you okay...and I'm sorry this happened. I prayed for you out there and I was losing my mind. Just Please hang on for me, and never let go. I wanna see you again, so I can hug and kiss you forever. ...Just please don't leave me...hold on for me okay...." A tear falls from my eye, dropping on to the back of his hands as I kiss them.