Chapter 66: When duty Calls

××Brianna in the Picture👇××

-------------------------------------------------------(Brianna's POV)

(Brianna's POV)

I'm startled to see my dad bust into my office, with a briefcase.

"Hey daddy"

"Brianna I'm leaving for a little bit, So I'm a need you and Lamar to step up and watch over the business while I'm gone"

"Oh. Where are you going?"

"Back home"

"To your house?"

"To California"

"Really? Why?"

"I need to take care of something. So do good by me baby girl...don't let our empire fall" he says before walking right back.

Damn...no I love you goodbye. It must be really serious.

*1 hour later*🕝

"Good evening....I was actually expecting your father to show up" Our new client let's me inside.

"Well...my father had business to tend to, so I'll be filling in his place for now"

"You sure you can handle it sweetheart" he smiled slightly, now sitting back in his desk chair.

"Are you questioning me?"

"If I was?"

I smile and come up to him, taking out my switch blade and putting it up against his neck. "If you are...don't expect to have a throat afterwards"

"Yes ma'am" he swallows.

"Now let's do some fucking business or should I put you on the hit list for wasting my fucking time" I say, putting my blade back in my skirt pocket.

"Right this way" he gets up, leading me and Jacob to another room and showing us a shelf of goods first.