Chapter 40: Mother like Daughter

××Tyler in the MM××😍😍😍
-------------------------------------------------------
(Tyler's POV) *1 week Later*

Finally building up my courage after a few days, I knock on Jay's door and wait a few seconds before she opens up.

"Yes?" she peaks out.

"We need to talk Jada" I fold my arms.

"About what mom?"

"Can we just talk in your room"

Sighing, she moves aside and let's me in. I walk over to her bed and sit down, watching her close the door and do the same.

"Where were you for the past week?"

"Out..."

"Where Jada?"

"Just spending the night over my friend's house. I just wanted to spend my New year's with them this year"

"Oh. Well can you tell me next time you go out, so that I won't be as worried"

"Um...okay. But you know I'm like 20 years old now right"

"So...your still my little girl" I smile.

"Mm"

"And another thing...when we're you going to tell me that your pregnant?"

Her eyes widen. "How did you know?"

"Someone told me.."

"Who mom?"

"Jada that's not important. I wanna know why I'm just now hearing about this. How along are you?"

"3 months..."

"Jesus Christ. Did you plan this?"

"No not really..." she shrugs.

"So your cool with this? Having a child when you can't even graduate on time"

"Well mom...yes I made a mistake. But I can't just kill my baby, I have to take care of my responsibility now"

"Well I'm glad you know that. But...why did you hide it from me?"

"Because I knew you would probably be a shamed of me or get on my ass about it. Shit, or even kick me out the house..." she looks down.

"No and...watch your language. And yes I'm a get on you because your my daughter. And your still in grade school and now your knocked up. By who?"

"An Ex of mine...who's not talking to me now since I told him it was his" she looks down.

"And what's his name?"

"Makai Fitzgerald..."

"Why are you telling me his whole government...damn" I laugh.

"You asked for his name" she laughs too.

"But Jada look, I love you and I just want the best for my daughter. We used to be so close and I really miss that. I know I can be...difficult sometimes but...baby I don't wanna see you make the same fucked up choices I did at your age. And Every time I look at you, I'm haunted by my past. Just please Jada, try to do better...and become the young woman I know you can be. Okay, and you can always talk to me...I'm always here for you. Your other mom is too"

"But mom...you act like your bad choices really f'ed up who you are now. Your a successful manager down at the office, you have a completed family, you make a lot of money..."