Chapter 36: Talking with Brianna

××Brianna in the MM××
-------------------------------------------------------
(Jamal's POV)

After talking to my baby Riley, It was now time to talk to my middle daughter, Brianna.

Going down the hall, I knock on her wooden door with a bright yellow 'Caution' sign attached to it. Brianna is a mess for putting this on her door...

"Yes daddy?" she finally cracks the door, poking her head out.

"I wanna talk to you. So can I come in?"

"Mhm" she opens the door, letting me inside.

I sit down on her bed and noticed that, she wasn't wearing any pants. Followed by her realizing it herself and covering up shortly after.

"Dad turn around real quick"

I do so and stare at the wall. "Brianna I made you..., you came outta this" I laugh.

"Ewwwww. Please don't remind me"

"But what you chu doin' wearing them tight ass underwear anyway" I fold my arms at the wall.

"They show off my assets" she laughs.
"You can look now"

I turn back around and wipe my head. "Your assets?"

She laughs and sits down beside me, propping up her feet and grabbing a rollie from the window sill.

"Want one?" she offers.

"Look at my daughter, smoking that quality shit" I chuckle, taking the hit from her and lighting it up with the lighter she also gave me.

"So what you wanna talk about?"

"How you been over the years?"

"Mmm. Good I guess. I like my life"

"And what might that be?"

"Um...I'm young, I smoke weed and other shit occasionally. I have friends, I have fun around the neighborhood and I have many hoes" she laughs.

"So you that girl huh? With hoes?"

"Yep. I love my hoes but I've been recently cutting them off"

"Why?"

"I think I'm falling for my ex again" she shrugs.

"Ex? Don't you have a boyfriend?"

"He's my ex technically. We're not together"

"And what's his name"

"Jacobson. But I call him Jacob of course"

"Mmm. Tell me about him"

"Um...well he sells drugs, he has a daughter, he has money, a nice house and car. He's light skin like me, black nappy hair, a beard, tatted up, medium built I guess and some sexy ass eyes" she smiles.

"All I heard was that he has a daughter"

"Dad..." she laughs.

"That mean he gotta baby mama. And you cool with that?" I raise my eyebrow.

"It doesn't bother me that he has a daughter. His baby mama can suck my dick for all I care. She already tried me the other day. And daddy you know I like drama"

"Mmm. Why was she trying you?"

"Because she's jealous of me and him...because he loves me and not her"

"You love him?"

"Yes"

"You know I need to meet him right"

"Yeah that's fine. He always wanted to meet you anyways"

"Good. So how's school?"

"I wouldn't know" she laughs.

"Oh boy...don't tell me you skip too?"

"I was the first to skip, I guess Riley is just following behind me"

"Don't you think that's bad. Your her role model Brianna"

"Why do I gotta be the role model...Ray is the smart one, she could always follow her"

"True"

"So yeah...Riley can either follow me or A'Raya. So it's not my fault"

"Never said it was babe. But you sound like you don't wanna change ya behavior"

"....I kind of don't"

"So I guess college is out of the question then"

"Mhm"

"Damn. So what you wanna be in life? A drug dealer's baby mama?"

"No dad--"

"Well Brianna that what it sounds like to me. Now I can tell you how to live your life and I won't. You smart enough to know this. I just would hate to see my baby pregnant out on the streets dealing with some fuckboys, with no job, no money and no place to go"

She looks down.

"You can't keep depending on these niggas out here. They'll leave you in a heartbeat if some new girl comes into the picture and she got all the "assets" they want. Don't you know that? And I'm telling you this from a man's point of view...women are like toys to these young niggas. They wanna show you off and play with you...that's until you break or get old. Then it's on to the next one. Your father used to be like that, until I got my priorities straight and started thinking about my future"

"I understand dad. I just really...don't know what I'll be good at in life. I'm not the brightest kid or like working with people"

"That's okay babe. I'm not either but just do me a favor"

"Okay?

"Try to stay off the streets for a while. Just try for me. Get a job yo, start there...one that your interested in...even if it's small. Cut off the fuckboys. But if you in love with this Jacob kid...see if he's the real deal. If he ain't...cut em"

"Yes Sir"

"And you can always talk to me okay. I'm not here to judge you, I'm here to guide you. I love you and I will always have your back, and that's for all my girls."

"I know but um I need to...tell you something then"

"Aight"

"I'm scared that I might be pregnant" she says lowly, looking down.

"You don't know?"

"No...the first time I toke a test it was unclear. But...I just feel like I am"

"Do you wanna be?"

"Not really. A baby is a lot of responsibility and I care barley take care of myself"

"I'll take you to go get a test today okay"

"Thanks dad. I know this is probably disappointing to you...and I'm sorry" she looks down.

"It is but it's okay. I still love you, just want you to make better decisions in life"

"I promise I will"

"You promise to keep that promise"

"Yes sir"

"Aight. I hope to see it one day. But it was nice talking to you babe. And I'm a take you after I go talk to Ray" I say getting up from her bed.

"Okay"

"Aight love you"

"Love you too"