Chapter 52: New Kid, Old feelings

××Lamar in the MM××
--------------------------------------------------------
*2 Days Later* (Jamal's POV)

"Good evening Sir" he comes in and shakes my hand.

"Evening. Please take a seat" I suggest.

He does so and I sit down behind my desk. I scope out the kid, and felt as that he looked like my kind of guy from the outside. But it's what's inside that seals the deal.

"My name is Lamar and your assistant told me you wanted a new partnership"

"Yes actually. My last one passed recently" I fold my hands.

"Oh. Sorry for ya lost"

"Thanks. But I need to keep the business going and look to the future"

"So where would I fit in?"

"Well my old partner, was kind of my right hand man. We would make decisions together and plan shit out to gain territory and keep folks in line"

"Yeah. I heard y'all the real deal, But  the cops never get involved. Why?"

"I have that covered. I know how to out smart cops, they're amateurs to me"

"Smart man. So why you choose me?"

"Maybe because I've done my research and I find your character interesting"

"Well I am interesting, if I do say so myself. I grew up all around the hoods of Florida, my mama always jumped from job to job to keep the lights on. So I know what's run by who and how to give folks what they want. Everyone just needs a dollar or two waved in front of them to fall in line"

"So let's say I'm looking forward to getting 10 grand combined from two of my owned territories. And I come up short, how would you handle that?"

"Ask em where the fuck my money at and if the excuse is not legitimate...show em who's boss"

"I think I like you. So you want the job?"

"Sure"

"Great. And I'm a need you to go get my otha 4 grand..."

"Oh so you were serious" he chuckles.

"Mhmm. But you'll take care of it just fine from what I'm hearing. And oh, my daughter is going to be with you. She's the lower boss of all the departments. But that changes today, she's third in charge under you"

"Is she gon be cool with that?"

"She might curse me out...and try to kill you but she'll get over it"

"Mmm"

"Well, it's time to meet her. I'm a give her a call right now" I say picking up the phone.

*Few Hours Later* (Brianna's POV)

Walking in to the warehouse, I'm greeted by one of the staff members.

"Good evening Ms. Allen, Mr. Allen said this is for you"

"Oh shit...it's payday" I smile walking up to the cash on the counter.

it's payday" I smile walking up to the cash on the counter