17; on the road

Violet's P.O.V.

*NIGHT*

I sighed while still dealing with the little anticipation of road travel to Iowa since we wanted to get there pretty early. The travel was gonna go through Indiana, Illinois, and then Iowa we're there.

My little expectation of having fun was a low since I wanted to be alone and not talking to anyone.

By the time it hit eleven, my phone ringed, seeing my mom.

I answered with "Hello?"

"Hey, sweetie..." she said in a comforting voice. "I heard what happened to Onya and I'm gonna say I feel so sorry for you, honey... Nobody should've gone and killed her like that."

My emotions got a little up to me before I sniffed and said "Thanks mom... I'm gonna be on tour with Josh and the others, okay?"

"Okay, just make sure you have your dad know since it's your responsibility to tell him since you're old enough," she said in a motherly voice. "I love you, be safe, okay?"

"I will... Love you too, mom," I said before hanging up.

My tears streamed down my face before the door opened to the bed I shared with Josh and saw him.

I quickly rubbed my tear out of my face before sighing and him asking "Hey, Violet... You still handling it okay?"

My head shook before I coughed a little before he sat down next to me and looked at me.

My eyes looked at him, who was really worried about me, and I touched his face before rubbing his cheek and beard. "I appreciate you checking on me, Joshie..." I said sorta sad. "I'm just trying to cope with it."

My heart was feeling weird since I realized I was having a palpitation before Josh asked "You okay?"

I breathed in before nodding. "Just a palpitation..." I said holding my chest.

He sighed and said "Okay, if you need me...?"

I nodded before he kissed my cheek and blew my hair funny and I giggled before he left and closed the door.

Kindly looking at my phone, I got up from the bed and got the headphones off of Josh's dresser and wore them to listen to Goner.

Josh's P.O.V.

I went over by Tyler, who was playing Mario Kart again, as usual on tour, and Jenna on her phone.

"Hey, how's Vi?" Jenna asked.

"She's trying to get better," I said sitting down. "She's still herself, but she just keeps reminding herself of Onya."

Jenna nodded before saying "Poor thing... Can't imagine her suffering with her only bestie before me."

Tyler nudged her before she said "What? I'm gonna be a perfect bestie to her."

I laughed before going on my phone and seeing Violet's post on Instagram. It seemed like she posted a selfie earlier when she was with me, and she looked a little normal except looking harder, she looked like she was crying.

She captioned the photo with only: "Love".

I hearted it before taking a screenshot and cropping the photo of us.

Oi, Violet was probably going to be a little emotional with the stuff happening. I mean, dealing with a death is very hard if you know them THAT well, and she did. Onya was like Violet's sister from another family, yet Onya loved the band WAY much before Violet found out about us.