2~ Bffs- Anu and Mouse

'Yes Ma! I am in cab with Ipshita.' Anah said on phone to her mother. It is around 8 and she along with her roommate is returning home, LV Apartments. Her parents were apprehensive to send her to Mumbai for work. But Anah along with her bff, Reyhan managed to convince them. Luckily, her mother, Zeba had come on their side and they soon managed to convince her father. Now, it's been three years here and twenty-nine-year-old Anah is happy with her work and workplace. But, she being ambitious wants to achieve more.

She relaxed leaning in her seat. She turned her head and looked at her friend, Ipshita. She is smiling like a love-struck teenager. Anah shook her head, she turned her head and looked out from the window. She had enough of Ejaz for a day, she doesn't want to instigate Ipshita and then she will start Ejaz's rant again.

****************************************************

'Good night!' Ipshita said yawning. She kicked her heels and walked into their room. Anah looked around, the room looked messy but neither she nor Ipshita had the strength to clean it up. Their maid had skipped work again. Anah mentally decided to replace her. She quickly changed into her night clothes, loose mickey mouse blue Tee and white and pink polka dotted shorts. She tied her hair in a loose bun and picked up her phone.

She dialled, Reyhan, her best friend. He is now in Delhi, their hometown. Recently he has joined a consulting firm and today was his first day at work.

'Hello, mouse!' she said excitedly

'Hello, Anu.' Reyhan replied from the other side, he sounded as excited as she. Reyhan excitedly narrated about his new job, and how there are chances he might be shifted to Mumbai branch

'Mouse, you have to come.' Anah said. She felt him nod from the other side and she smiled.

'Of course, I will apply for transfer after one week.' He said confidently. Anah mouthed a "Yes". She has mentally decided to try and get him an apartment for rent in her building. And if not her building, at least in her locality. Her smile broadens just imagining the future with her bff around with her.

Even though she has made new friends, at times she feels lonely and many times miserable. She misses her mouse, very much.

'Hey, you know our boss is retiring and we have a new boss....' the rest of the night they spent talking.

****************************************************

'Hurry up, Ipshita.' Anah called from the living room. It's been ten minutes since Anah is ready and waiting for her friend Ipshita.

She walked towards the mirror in the living room to have a last-minute look at herself. Today is the first day with the new boss and Anah wanted to make the best first impression- first impression is the best impression, after all.

She is dressed in simple loose Maroon cold shoulder top and denim jeans and white sneakers. Her hair open and no makeup except kohl and nude lip gloss. Her ID card hung around her neck. She combed her hair with her fingers when Ipshita walked in.

Anah scrunched her nose, it seemed like she has applied an entire perfume factory. Anah turned around and shook her head.

Ipshita looked like she is dressed for a party in a red and black cap sleeved pencil dress reaching till her knee and her shoulder length hair open and resting on her shoulder. She has applied a red glossy lipstick and kohl along with winged eyeliner.

Looking at Anah's expression, she shrugged 'What? The new boss is coming today, right?' she said pushing Anah aside with her hip.

Anah sighed and grabbed her arm, 'We are getting late.' she said ignoring Ipshita's protests.

*****************************************************

Anah and Ipshita entered their cabin when a peon dashed into them.

'Miss Malik, Sir, is calling for you.' he said and left.

'Oooo! Lucky girl.' Ipshita winked nudging Anah's arm. Anah rolled her eyes.

She picked up few designs she has made for the upcoming project. These are the designs that she was to show Zafar sir, before he retired.

She climbed into the elevator and secretly kept praying that the "New Boss" approves her designs. She gained confidence as she walked through the corridor leading to the cabin but she felt nervous when she reached the cabin door. She took a deep breath and knocked the door.

'Come in.' Anah trembled little by his strong baritone. There is so much authority in his voice, it is impossible to not take him seriously.

She opened the door. She carried with her, her designs. First, she poked her head in. Ejaz is sitting in his chair going through a newspaper his brows furrowed in concentration.

Economic times - Anah mentally read.

'May I come in, Sir?' she asked softly. Ejaz looked up, his dark eyes met Anah's and she felt a strange spark. She pushed back the thought when he gestured her to enter.

*******************************************************

Mouse and Anu the two bffs, excited to know more about them, guys? And "the new" boss looks tough and scary. What you guys think, will he approve Anah's design?

Drop in your comments and let me know :*