18~ A Mother's Advice

Reyhan flaunted his new home proudly to his parents through video call. His mother had put on her reading glass to see everything clearly. Reyhan also introduced them to Ipshita, who greeted them happily. They thanked her and she smiled humbly at them.

They had completed the formalities with Mr. Singh, the landlord. Ipshita handled everything well yet Reyhan missed Anah. He had always shared all his beautiful moments and success with her by his side.

After Ipshita had gone and Reyhan was done showing his parents around he took a seat at the dining table and carefully placed his laptop on the table.

He looked at them with hopeful eyes, 'So?'

His parents gave mixed views, some features his mother liked and some features she didn't. Coincidentally his father liked those features.

'Anah is such a nice girl.' Mr. Siddiqui complimented. He then shifted to the sofa getting back to reading his newspaper. Reyhan smiled with pride at his mother.

'So? When are planning to do it?' Mrs. Siddiqui asked with her eyebrows raised

'What?' Reyhan looked cluelessly.

His mother sighed, she shook her head and looked at him her voice dropping to a whisper, 'Propose Anah, obviously.'

Reyhan felt his cheeks burn, he quickly looked away. He felt shy meeting his mother's gaze.

Mrs. Siddiqui sighed sadly as he ranted about how it is not possible because he doesn't know what she feels for him, and most importantly he doesn't want their friendship to get tainted.

Mrs. Siddiqui removed her reading glasses and looked seriously at her son, 'Dear, all these are excuses and until you don't tell her, how will she know about your feelings and her feelings?'

Reyhan shifted in his seat, his mother does have a very valid point. Unless he tells her, what is in his heart how will she know about his feelings for her and moreover he will get an answer from her, he will get to know what is in her heart. Perhaps she sees him only as a friend or perhaps she loves him too.

Mrs. Siddiqui cleared her throat and Reyhan shook his head little breaking the chain of his thoughts.

'Listen, son. If you don't then someone else will and then you will lose her forever.' She sounded serious.

Reyhan gulped, his mother's words bothered him.

Someone else will propose Anah? – he thought worriedly.

Reyhan grew more worried when his mother told him about the thousands of alliances that are coming for her.

'It is only matter of time she will say yes to someone and then....'

Reyhan bid a hurried goodbye and shut down his laptop. After that, he anxiously paced the room running fingers through his hair. 

***************************************************

How was the chapter, guys? Do you agree with Mrs. Siddiqui?

Drop in your thoughts in the comments :*

And thank you so much guys for reading and voting :* and special wala thanks and big hugs to those who comment :* :* :* :*

Silent readers, plz do vote and comment. Don't run away just like that ;)