9~ Lucky Girl

Anah erased a line and redid it, her tongue stuck out as she drew the line with uttermost concentration.

'Dude.'

'Huh!' Anah is startled by the sudden sound. She glared at her friend and then at the line that went astray.

'Let's grab lunch.' Ipshita said arranging the files on her table. Anah placed her palm on her rumbling stomach and glanced at the wall clock above Ipshita's table. She sighed and asked for five more minutes. Ipshita insisted but Anah kept refusing and eventually she held Anah's hand and dragged her out. Once out of the cabin, Anah sighed giving up. The two of them then chatted happily and walked towards the cafeteria. On the way, a peon greeted them telling them the Boss wanted to see Anah with the designs ASAP.

'Devil boss, can't wait for after lunch.' Anah muttered furiously. Ipshita also looked disappointed and slightly angry.

**********************************************

Anah knocked the cabin, all her anger gave way to nervousness. Ever since he has torn her designs she had been working day and night on the new designs, but it is still incomplete. He will definitely scold her. She gulped hearing his strong baritone from the other side. Her fingers shivered as she placed her hand on the door knob. She entered the cabin. Ejaz worked on his laptop, typing something furiously. She gulped, he is in a very bad mood, she is a goner.

'Place your designs on the table and leave.' He said dryly, not looking up at her. Anah nodded. She contemplated if she should mention that the designs are half done. She was about to decide when Ejaz looked sharply at her. She gulped slowly, turned around and quickly dashed out of the cabin.

Once outside, she leaned against the door and gasped for air. She realized then that she hadn't been breathing inside.

As she walked towards the Cafeteria her worry about his reaction grew. She mentally decided to prepare her Will.

***************************************************

Anah couldn't concrete on her work, she kept tapping her fingers and glancing at the wall clock. Ipshita looked up from her laptop and like many times she asked once again what was the matter. Anah simply shook her head and got back to staring at the empty trace paper placed in front of her.

Sometime later, peon poked his head from behind the cabin door and Anah looked up alarmed. She quickly got up but the peon had just come to ask if they needed anything.

'Chai? Pani?'

Anah looked embarrassed and sat down shaking her head. Ipshita watched her suspiciously.

************************************************

Soon, it was after office hours. Anah reluctantly packed her stuff and walked out with Ipshita. As they walked towards the elevator a strong voice interrupted them. Both froze momentarily and slowly turned around. The Devil Boss stood by their cabin and looking at them.

He pointed at Anah, 'Come in my cabin in two minutes.' He said sternly. Ipshita and Anah both nodded their heads.

As Anah walked towards the cabin, Ipshita wished her "All the best".

***********************************************

Anah shivered slightly as she stood facing him in his cabin. Ejaz sat behind his long Mahogany and glass table. He peered into her trace papers. Anah felt restless as she watched him. What was he doing for so long? - Anah thought. The way he is scrutinizing her work looks like he is deliberately looking for errors.

'This project is very important for our business, Miss. Malik.' He said not looking up from the papers.

'Yes.' Anah nodded, her voice barely even a whisper. She cleared her throat to get rid of the unwanted lump. Ejaz looked up and she said slightly loudly this time, 'yes.' Her voice wavered little but it was better than before.

Ejaz placed the paper and leaned forward. He rested his one arm on the table and observed her.

Anah felt sweat trickle down her temple.

'Have you inspected the site?' Ejaz asked simply

Anah racked her brain, she recollected visiting the place before she started working on it but not recently. Ejaz read her expressions and sighed leaning back in his chair. Anah looked on nervously. He tapped his palm over the papers. Anah looked on worried as his fingers rested on the edge of the paper.

He is going to tear them again- Anah thought with her heart in her mouth.

Ejaz massaged his forehead, he seemed to be thinking something.

Anah watched as he picked up his mobile, went through something and then said not looking at her, 'Be ready tomorrow, before lunch, we shall go to the site.'

Anah nodded, she opened her mouth to say something when Ejaz interrupted her, 'Now, out.' He didn't look at her.

Devil Boss – Anah thought bitterly but outwardly she wished him good night. He doesn't respond. Instead, he kept staring at his phone. Anah rolled her eyes and walked out of the cabin.

*******************************************

'Wow, Lucky girl.' Ipshita gushed happily. Anah looked at her, she looked enviously back at her. Anah is confused as to how she is lucky and Ipshita cleared her point by stating, 'You will be getting to spend time with the handsomest man on the planet.'

'Whatever.' Anah leaned back folding her arms. The rest of the cab ride both remained silent.

***********************************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop in your comments and let me know.

Guys, Ejaz and Anah's story is needed for the future track. 

Thank you so much for reading and voting guys :* and silent readers plz do vote if not comment :)