16~ Anah's love

'Yaar please, unlike every time this time I don't want to take Ipshita as my partner. This time if I take her again people will think we are lesbos. Please ya, Mouse, don't refuse, please.' Anah pleaded Reyhan over the phone. From past fifteen minutes, she is requesting him to come with her for the Diwali party. Reyhan was skeptical. He gave various reasons like he has just joined the new branch and that he doesn't know anyone but Ipshita from her office. Anah had asked sternly but that didn't melt him and so now she resorted to pleading.

'I will think about it.' Reyhan said lastly before cutting the call stating his mother is on the other line. Anah sighed and fell on the sofa.

'Why don't you take, Ejaz sir.' Ipshita teased her. Anah glared at her friend who just sat beside her.

'That, Devil boss? Are you kidding me?' Anah said annoyed. Ipshita giggled and forwarding a cup of coffee to her friend she added, 'He doesn't give a **** to other employees, even the females. But you, he seemed so smitten with you. That day at the gym when he asked about you. Babes, I was there, not you. Dude, you should have seen his disappointed face.' Ipshita shook her head amusedly. Anah sighed and got up, she left stating she doesn't have time for all this nonsense.

**********************************************************

Anah sat in her study working over the design, another project, on her laptop when she got skype notification. She smiled seeing her parents were calling her. She moved her mouse and immediately clicked on the "answer" option.

She smiled widely waving enthusiastically at her parents. Anah is shocked on seeing her mother's new haircut – Pixie cut. It made her look very modern and young. It complimented her long face and slightly pointed nose. Her father looked the same except for the new red and black glasses he got a few days back.

Anah felt emotional seeing them. No matter how many times she looks at them or talks to them she always felt emotional. Her mother also had tears brimming in her eyes, her father held her shoulders and shook her little advising her to not cry and mentioning how stupid they both looked while crying.

They spoke to what seems like hours, her parents sat beside each other looking at each other occasionally. At times when they argued over some silly issue. Anah smiled.

She had always admired her parents Tom and Jerry relationship. Her parents had a love marriage. In their time, it was a very bold thing to do.

They studied in the same College, her mother in Arts and her father in Science. Once accidentally, her father had hit her with his cycle. Their eyes had met and they fell in love.

Their love story and struggles make Anah believe in love, she hopes she too has a beautiful love story like her parents to tell her kids.

As they were about to cut the call the conversation stirred to the dreaded direction.

'Hey, Anah. We spoke everything and I forgot to mention such an important thing. You remember your Razia Mami? Yes, she. She has sent me this profile of a young man. Zaid Shah, he is also an architect in the US -'

'Oh No! Not Again.' Anah and her father interrupted in unison. Mrs. Malik made a face as the father and the daughter duo looked at each other and laughed.

Mrs. Malik sighed, 'But why? Have a look. He is a decent guy.' She reasoned. Anah sighed.

'Ma, I am just 29 and -'

'I had you by 29. The time is running out. You have to get married soon.' She said seriously. Anah rolled her eyes.

'Relax Begumji, Let the poor girl breath. She will marry when she feels like, okay? No one will force my Betiya Rani.' Mr. Malik grinned at Anah.

Usually, Anah feels irritated when her father calls her Betiya Rani (daughter dearest) but not now.

Mrs. Malik sighed as she felt outnumbered. She looked slightly upset by the time Anah cut the call.

Marriage? Anah had never thought of it. She had always dodged this topic. For Anah, her love is her work. She wants to be completely focused on her work. Until she is professionally satisfied, marriage is a big No-No for her.

Anah is glad her father understands her. Usually, Daughters are more attached to their mothers but in Anah's case, it is opposite. She is more attached to her father. The understanding they share, she shares with no one other than Reyhan, of course.

******************************************************

Sorry guys, for the late update. Weekends are generally busy for me :( 

Anyhoo how was the chapter, guys? Anah and her parents are *_* and her parents love story is *_* what you suppose Anah's love story gonna be like? Will it be interesting for her to tell her kids :D

Drop in your thoughts and let me know :) also guys, thank you so much for reading and voting and silent guys please, pretty please with puppy dog eyes, vote if not comment but also comment :*