21~ Anah's Big Day

Anah checked her reflection for the millionth time. Today is Monday, a normal day at work. But not for Anah. Today is her important presentation.

She adjusted the shoulder of her V-neck baby peach summer dress, and then ironed the pleats of the dress with her hands. She adjusted the hem at her knee. She dabbed nude lip gloss on her lips and filled her eyes with black Kohl. Combed her wavy hair neatly and let it open.

'Come we are getting late.' Ipshita's irritated voice floated from the living room.

'Coming.' Anah called and hurried out of the bathroom. She quickly wore her formal white coat which is adorned with little black buttons and has black at the hem of the sleeves. She buttoned up the fourth button, looked at her reflection and disliked it. She removed the coat and threw it on the bed.

Ipshita whined more and Anah hurriedly splashed little perfume on her. Ipshita glared at her as Anah apologized. Together they left the house.

********************************************************

In the cab, Anah fidgeted nervously with her nails until little of her nail paint began to scrap. Ipshita wondered out aloud what was bothering Anah so much. She has given so many presentations before and that too very confidently. Anah doesn't say it aloud but she knew she is very nervous because of Devil Boss. For some reason, she feels very intimidated by him.

To calm her down Ipshita informed that Mr. Zafar, their ex-boss, will be there. Anah felt lighter, but she truly calmed when she got a message from her Mouse.

Mouse: All the best Anu. I know you have worked very hard for this. You will surely bomb the presentation.

Anah smiled and typed a long grateful message. Reyhan's message came as a breath of fresh air for her.

*****************************************************

Anah is irritated because her assistant, Jacob D'Souza, hasn't come. From the start of the project, he had ditched her stating health issues. She had briefed him up about the project last night and insisted he came to the presentation. But he ditched her again. Anah made a mental note of having her assistant change.

Anah entered the presentation room, it is empty except for the cleaning staff who mopped the floor. The middle-aged man smiled politely at her and she smiled back.

As he was about to leave, Anah asked his help to carry the model here to the meeting room. The man nodded instantly.

Anah placed her files and pen drive on the desk and left with the man.

'Aaram se, Side mein thoda Bhaiya...' Anah guided the man as they carried the model together.

(Easy there, little to the side)

Anah held one side of it while the man held the other. Anah held her breath as they cautiously entered the room and once inside she exhaled loudly.

They placed the model carefully. Anah sighed wiping the sweat off her forehead. She thanked the man and handed him some tip which he politely refused. Anah smiled at him, he smiled back and turned to leave. As he walked out, Ejaz entered.

He saw Anah standing in front of the model and looking at it.

She checked if there are any last-minute touches to do. Ejaz cleared his throat and she turned to look at him.

'Good morning.' He smiled at her.

Anah is surprised with the smile, nevertheless, she replied politely, 'Good morning.'

Anah felt her breath stuck in her throat as he stood close to her, he faced the model. Anah looked at him closely, he looked dashing as usual and even more in a black suit, his curly hair neatly combed and gelled. Anah admired his side profile, the chiseled jaw and the perfect cheek bones matted with slight stubble. He examined the model and she examined him.

Anah's daze is broken when Mr. Zafar came in the room.

'Anah! My best employee. How are you?' Zafar beamed at her. Anah smiled and walked to him. She felt emotional seeing her best boss after so long. Zafar teased her as tears brimmed her eyes. He side hugged her and motivated her. Anah felt very relieved. She has decided during the presentation, she will look at him whenever she feels nervous.

'I have retired and had no plans to come but when Ejaz,' Mr. Zafar patted his son's shoulder, 'said that today is your presentation I couldn't stop myself.' He smiled at Anah. She smiled back gratefully. She considers herself blessed having Mr. Zafar as her boss.

******************************************************

Ejaz noticed Anah fidget beside him. He tilted his head little and saw her fidgeting with her mobile. She seemed to be texting someone. Ejaz felt curious. He distracted himself by glancing at his watch, it is 9.30am, the clients are late. He felt little agitated and Anah's anxious behavior is annoying him further.

'Relax, will you.' He whispered and she jumped on her seat nearly dropping her phone. She straightened muttering a sorry. Ejaz got a glance of her mobile screen, she is texting someone named Mouse. Obviously, it's a nickname. Ejaz shook away all the curiosity by shaking his head.

Anah went through the file as Ejaz and Zafar spoke with other. Soon, Mr. Singhal and few other men wearing business suits entered. All three stood up. Ejaz walked pass Anah and greeted the men first, they shook hands. Next, they shook hands with Zafar and lastly with Anah. After they were seated Anah walked up to the center. She adjusted the laptop on the table. First, she will be giving them her presentation on slides. She had just finished this last night. She gestured the peon near the light switch. He dimmed the lights. Ejaz looked at her as she took a deep breath.

************************************************

Guys, Excited for Anah's presentation. What you guys think will she be able to pull this off? 

Drop in your thoughts in the comments *_*

That's all Folks :*

Thank you so much for reading and voting :* you guys are my motivation