52~ Helplessness

In the evening, Ejaz worked in his study with his father. He updated his father about the latest projects. Just then his phone beeped and he checked his phone.

Anah: Meet me at Marine Drive, it's urgent.

Ejaz wondered what it was. He got slightly worried as it mentioned there is something important and urgent. He looked at his father who is busy with a design and so he cleared his throat to get his attention. Mr. Ali looked at his son. Ejaz excused himself and left the home stating he must meet a friend of his who is in some trouble.

*************************************************

Anah waited impatiently in the Marine Drive. Even after sunset, there is chaos here. She noticed many lovey-dovey couples and they, for the first time, annoyed her. She felt like breaking their skulls but then she reminded herself that what they do isn't her problem and her problem isn't their problem.

Soon a sleek black Audi stopped in front of her, the window is reeled down and Ejaz's smiling face emerged from inside. Anah didn't smile at him, she opened the door and got in. Ejaz is little startled.

'Drive.' She said dryly. She kept staring front. Ejaz stared at her side profile for a while before driving.

Anah asked him to stop in a parking lot of a deserted area. Ejaz smiled thinking she wants to spend some intimate time with him.

'I missed you so much.' Ejaz held her hand and kissed the back of her palm. Anah didn't protest. He leaned forward, his breath fanned her cheek and she closed her eyes tightly. She then opened it and moved away.

'What happened, love?' Ejaz extended his hand to hold hers when she retracted her hand. Ejaz frowned sensing something is seriously wrong.

'When are we getting married?' she asked leaning against the door and looking at him. Ejaz sighed looking away, he stared front at the road clenching the steering wheel with one hand. He could feel her gaze on him and don't know what to say.

'I can't marry you...not that I don't want to but not right now...everything is so complicated.' Ejaz extended his hand and held her palm once again. He hopes she understands his situation and gives him some more time. Convincing his parents isn't an easy job.

'What do you mean, you can't marry me?' Anah asked glaring at him.

Ejaz shook his head, he looked at her helplessly, - 'I tried, Anah...'

She scoffed, 'You didn't try hard.' She said angrily. She jerked her hand from his grip. Ejaz looked at her surprised, he is taken aback with her tone.

Before he could respond Anah opened the door and climbed down the car, - 'If you loved me you would have tried harder. And would have convinced your parents by now.' she said bitterly. Before Ejaz could stop her, she slammed the door. Ejaz stepped out and called out to her. There was something else she had to say, she had wanted to tell him that he was soon going to be a father, she had wanted to say that she is carrying his child but instead, she walked away not turning around even once.

Anah was shattered when the man she loves refused to marry her. She didn't understand where she went wrong, as much as she recollected she had given her 100% in this relationship, then why didn't it work?

*************************************************

Ipshita is startled as Anah locked herself in the bathroom. She wanted to give her some space and so didn't disturb her.

Anah stepped into the cold shower and closed her eyes. What is she going to do? How will her parents react? She has disappointed everyone, her parents, Reyhan, and Ipshita. So many things ran through her head. Her gaze fell on a blade placed on the soap rack. Impulsively she moved her hand and clenched the blade tightly in her grip. Warm tears fell down her cheeks as she placed the blade on the veins. Her hand shivered, lips quivered and more warm tears trickled down her cheeks as the blade pierced her skin and little blood oozed out.

*************************************************

Oh no, Guys, what is going to happen next *tense emoji* Poor Anah, I hope she will be fine *heartbreak emoji* 

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop in your thoughts 

Thanks so much for reading; please don't forget to vote and comment :)