64~ The Engagement

Reyhan still doesn't understand how he landed up at Zafar Ali Mansion for Mr and Mrs. Ali's son, Ejaz's engagement. Last Reyhan remembers is Ipshita and Anah arguing over coming for the party. Ipshita was strictly against it while Anah was determined. Anah wanted to attend the engagement and prove to Ejaz that she isn't affected by his engagement. When Ipshita didn't budge, Reyhan had found himself getting dragged in the fight. He was asked to choose between the two women. Anah had emotionally blackmailed him to side with her. And now he is standing amongst the crowd of high class gentleman and women, also few employees. 

He checked his attire for the nth time, still not satisfied with the black and white suit. Honestly, he felt he kind of resembled the waiters here. He turned his head and looked at Anah. Even in a simple grey long Kurta, she looked stunned. She matched it well with white churidar and Beige Dupatta which had a beautiful leaf pattern with glittering grey threads. Her hair is open and placed on her shoulder. She had accessorized her dress with grey and white bangles on one wrist and watch on the right. With 5-inch grey Stiletto, she was as tall as Reyhan; which gave him a slight complex.

As she spoke with one of her employee Reyhan admired her side profile. With her flawless skin; which now glowed thanks to her pregnancy, she doesn't need any makeup. A simple dark kohl and maroon lipstick enhanced her beauty. Reyhan felt lucky to be accompanying a beautiful woman like her.

Anah felt uncomfortable whenever she looked at the stage with Ejaz and Pinky standing together. She tried busying herself by talking to her colleagues. That wasn't much fruitful because either they kept reminding her of her glow or talking how beautiful Pinky is looking or what a "made-for-each-other pair", Ejaz and Pinky are.

Everyone gathered around the stage as the ring ceremony started. Anah felt tears in her eyes but she blinked her eyelids rapidly. Reyhan felt her stiffened and so he extended his hand and held Anah's hand. She looked gratefully at him.

Anah looked at the couple. Pinky is beaming widely, she is looking very stunning in maroon and white sequin Lehenga with her net studded dupatta open and placed on her right shoulder. Her hair neatly tied in a side bun. The recent facial gave her a bright golden glow. Anah's gaze traveled from Pinky to the man beside her. Ejaz looked perfect in a grey suit with red tie. His curly mane neatly combed and gelled in place. He had a straight face and so Anah found it difficult to decipher his feelings. Anah held Reyhan's palm tightly as Ejaz slipped a solitaire ring into Pinky's finger. Everyone clapped except for Anah and Reyhan. Someone nudged Anah's elbow and she turned around finally Mohini grinning at her. She faked a smile and looked back at the stage.

Ever since Ejaz had confessed his love and had proposed to Anah, she had been dreaming of getting married to him. And now, as she watched Pinky slip a ring into Ejaz's finger Anah saw her world, her dreams shattering. Involuntarily, she placed her palm on her belly as she watched Ejaz and Pinky pose for the camera.

Reyhan found Anah's eyes pooling with tears and he tugged on her hand. Anah looked at him.

'I think this is enough.' He said. Something about his voice made Anah agree. Before leaving she looked up at the stage and for the first time in the evening, her gaze met Ejaz's.

Everything happening right now was nothing less than torture for Ejaz but when he saw Anah with Reyhan, he felt his heart pinch with hurt. Watching Reyhan hold Anah's hand with so much authority and taking her towards the exit he realized that for Anah perhaps he meant nothing and that she indeed had cheated him. Else, she would have done something to stop all this and not just come with her best friend as a guest.

************************************************************

Poor Anah she is so much hurt *sobs*

What are your thoughts on the chapter, guys? Drop in your comments :)

Thanks so much reading guys. And please don't forget to vote and comment *pretty please with puppy dog eyes and cute pout* and if you are enjoying the story please recommend it to others and help me grow *_*