23~ A New Project

When Ejaz had asked Anah for coffee he was expecting just two of them and not his Dad, Mr. Singhal and his other business associates. He felt embarrassed every time Anah grinned at him. She sat beside him and had a very clear view of him. She liked his embarrassed face, he looked very cute – she thought.

'Anah.' She is startled when she heard Mr. Zafar's voice. She looked away from Ejaz and smiled awkwardly at her ex-boss. Now, it was Ejaz's turn to grin and Anah's chance to feel embarrassed.

Mr. Zafar began praising Anah in front of the clients. At one point, he patted her back so hard that she fell front nearly knocking the coffee mug.

'Sorry, Sorry.' Mr. Zafar chuckled. Anah smiled awkwardly. Ejaz grinned at her, she frowned and looked away. She could still feel him smile.

***************************************************

'Woohoo!! This call for celebrations, Honey.' Ipshita gushed happily. She nearly pounced on Anah when got the great news. Anah hugged her back tightly. They swayed little on spot.

Ipshita raised her eyebrow when Anah said she will call Reyhan and give him the good news also ask him to join them for the celebration.

'What?' Anah shrugged, 'He is always part of my celebrations.' She said annoyed.

Ipshita shrugged taking her seat, 'Are you guys sure you both are only friends.'

Anah looked at her stunned while Ipshita grinned back. Anah pressed her lips tightly and threw a file at her. Ipshita ducked. Just then, the cabin door opened and Ejaz entered. The file hit his face.

Shit!

Ipshita gasped and Anah looked like she will faint. Ejaz had his eyes tightly closed.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and glared at her.

'So – '

'In my cabin now, Miss. Malik.' Ejaz said sternly. Anah nodded slowly. Without waiting for an answer, Ejaz turned around and walked away slamming the door behind him. Ipshita and Anah looked at each other wide-eyed and pale faced. Anah gulped.

She is a dead fish – she thought worriedly.

*****************************************************

Anah drank glasses of water before venturing towards the Devil Boss's lyre. She was sweating like a pig and kept wiping the sweat off her forehead. Her fingers shivered as she knocked the door. His strong baritone made her flinch. She gulped and made silent prayers before entering.

Ejaz looked up at her, he frowned. She shivered little and looking at her so scared Ejaz felt his anger melt.

'Relax,' she flinched and Ejaz sighed, 'I won't eat you up.' He said with a smile. Anah is confused if the smile is sarcastic or serious.

Ejaz gestured her to sit.

As she took her seat, she trembled and nearly fell off her chair. Ejaz suppressed a smile.

He leaned in his seat and looked at her for a while. Anah had her head lowered and when there is no response she looked up. Ejaz informed her about a new project he wants her to take up. He also told him that he has fired her assistant. But she won't be doing the project alone as it is again a multi-million project.

'In Goa?' Anah's eyes widened with excitement as she repeated his word.

Ejaz nodded admiring the twinkle in her eyes.

'And you will not be going alone. I will be there for the initial stages. Not that you aren't capable. You are amazing but I don't want to take any chances.' He said leaning forward. Anah nodded.

He told her to get her tickets for the flight for next week. Anah nodded again.

'For now, you relax and prepare for the Diwali party.' He said. Anah looked like she had just been reminded of it. She quickly composed herself and nodded.

Ejaz asked her to leave. Anah nodded politely and left. Ejaz leaned back in his seat and watched her leave.

***********************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Excited for the Diwali party and Goa? What you think is gonna happen next?

Drop in your thoughts :*

Guys, don't forget to vote and comment, quicker the response quicker the updates ;)