44~ The Heartbreak

Mrs. Zafar Ali welcomed her son excitedly. Ejaz frowned knowing his mother well, there is more to this happiness than him coming back.

'Arey my babu. Come sit.' She made him sit on the sofa.

'Mom, I am tired.' Ejaz's whining goes unheard as his mother called a butler to get some water for her dear son.

Mr. Zafar Ali came and the father-son duo spoke to each other. Mr. Ali felt proud when Ejaz said him that the project went smoothly. He praised his son and Ejaz felt proud.

Mrs. Ali sat beside Ejaz. She fidgeted agitatedly with the hem of her long top and requested the duo to not talk about work for now.

'I have good news for you.' She said excitedly. Ejaz looked at his mother amused and then at his father who shrugged but from his expressions, it was clear that he knew.

'Beta, remember Pinky and her parents.' Mrs. Ali frowned on seeing Ejaz's irritated expressions. She held his hand and forced him to listen to her, 'they have brought her alliance for you. And we, your father and I think it is wonderful. We know the family, they know us. Pinky's father is a successful business man. You two will be perfect.' Mrs. Ali said happily.

Ejaz stood up annoyed, his parents smile faded.

'Please, Mom and Dad. I don't want to marry now and definitely not to that Pinky.' He said angrily. Mrs. Ali opened her mouth to say something when her husband held her hand and gestured her to not speak now.

Ejaz ran his fingers through his curls frustrated. Mr. Ali walked up to his son and placed his palm on his shoulder.

He spoke cautiously, 'Beta, do you have someone else in mind?'

Ejaz's thoughts went to Anah instantly. Yes, he has Anah in mind and wants to marry her. But is it the right time to say this? No, His parents will never understand him and his love for Anah. They will start to argue and he is very tired to get into an argument for now.

'No one.' He replied without looking at his parents. To avoid argument, he quickly left.

********************************************************

'Wake up, sleepy head.' Anah felt someone kick her butt. She shifted extending her hand and grabbed a pillow.

'Not now, Ejaz. I am sleepy.' She said, her voice muffled against the pillow.

Ipshita sighed rolling her eyes. She then folded her sleeves up to her elbow and raised her leg. This time she kicked her friend hard, real hard.

Anah yelped and jumped sitting on her knees. She rubbed her eyes and blinked at Ipshita who sat opposite her on the bed. A smirk on her face and a cup of coffee in her hand.

'Do I look like Ejaz to you?' she raised her eyebrow. Anah blushed sitting on the bed, she folded her legs and shook her head.

'What is the scene between you two?' Ipshita asked. Anah looked up at her and shook her head refusing to tell anything. But Ipshita pestered her so much and Anah sighed. She then admitted about their relationship and everything that happened in Goa. Ipshita's jaw dropped.

'You guys had sex? Are you mad?' Ipshita asked wide-eyed.

Anah frowned, 'Why not? We love each other.' She shrugged. Ipshita sighed shaking her head. Then she felt bad, a sad smile appeared on her lips when she thought of Reyhan.

Poor guy – she thought sadly.

Anah held her hand and shook her little breaking her chain of thought. Ipshita asked Anah again if she and Ejaz really love each other or if it was something like a one-night stand.

'No!' Anah showed her the Solitaire locket and assured her that both are very serious about the relationship.

Ipshita sighed and held her hand, 'Okay, so what next? Marriage?'

Anah blushed nodding her head. Though she wasn't ready for marriage just two days ago and now she is very eager to get married to Ejaz and officially and legally be his, and he will be hers.

Ipshita smiled sadly and hugged her friend, Anah hugged her back. After they broke apart Ipshita suggested she tell her parents about Ejaz, minus the "having sex" part. Of course.

************************************************************

Reyhan was making Rotis all the while rehearsing his lines that he will say while proposing to the woman he is head over heels in love with.

A dreamy smile appearing on his lips, it then quickly gets replaced with a nervous smile. The smile keeps switching as he continued to make Rotis for dinner.

He heard the skype call and quickly switched off the stove. He wiped his palms on his apron and hurried to receive the call.

It is only his mother on the other side. He beamed happily at her but she had a straight face. Reyhan frowned, his confusion getting replaced with concern. He enquired if everything is alright. He panicked when he saw tears in his mother's eyes.

'Everything is over, Reyhan.' She said wiping her tears. Reyhan wondered if anything is wrong with his father or her.

She shook her head. She then looked down briefly and then at him, her lips quivered as she said, 'Beta, Anah... she is in love with someone. Just now her mother called me and told me everything. Anah has chosen a man, someone named Elias, something, and he is her boss...they fell in love with each other and got into a relationship while in Goa and now she is planning to marry him.'

Reyhan stopped moving, the news felt like his heart was stabbed millions of times with cold knives.

He had instant tears in his eyes. Just now he was making plans to confess his love to Anah, he had also gotten her a ring but... but he is late, too late.

Reyhan is numb, his fingers hovered over the mouse, eyes stared blankly at the screen.

'Mera Bacha.' His mother said teary eyed.

Reyhan doesn't reply, he closed the flap of the laptop. Tears fell from his eyes as he shifted in the chair.

He recollected Ejaz at the Diwali party, then at the airport with his arm around Anah's waist, he had kissed her on the cheeks.

Reyhan ran his fingers through his hair and closed his eyes. He clenched his fist tightly and began to cry.

He wasted so much time debating with himself, now he has a friend but lost the only woman he had ever loved. His mother was right, he messed up. He has lost Anah forever.

***********************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Poor Reyhan *heartbreak emoji* 

What are your thoughts on the Chapter? Drop in your comments :)

Thanks so much for reading and before going please don't forget to vote and comment :*