71~ We are having a Baby

Anah is congratulated by her colleagues who got the news of her marriage from Ipshita. They teased her and some faked anger for not informing them the real reason for her taking the leave. The women admired her Henna which had slightly faded. Anah blushed and spoke with her colleagues.

Everyone quietened when there is a loud clap. They turned and found Ejaz standing at the end of the corridor. Anah's smile faded on seeing him. He faked a smile. Anah's heart fell noticing the pain in his eyes. She quickly composed herself as he walked towards her.

Ejaz had earlier spotted Anah blushing and talking happily with her colleagues. From her Henna clad hands, he had got a hint and then when his assistant informed him that Anah had gotten married to Reyhan, Ejaz felt his blood boil. She married Reyhan. He assumed that everything she had been telling about her bond with Reyhan and the child was a lie.

'Congrats, Ms Malik.' He extended his hand. He maintained a straight face and so a layman wouldn't know how much anger and hurt he is hiding behind the façade. Anah noticed it and quickly looked away from his eyes. She held his hand for a shake. He shook her hand briefly before squeezing it harshly. Anah winced but quickly fixed her expressions. Ejaz smirked letting go of her hand.

'Thank you, sir.' She said not meeting his eyes. With the way, she is avoiding his gaze Ejaz knew she is hiding something.

'Everyone, get to work.' He gestured everyone and they quickly got to work. Ejaz shot a glare at Anah before walking away. Anah watched his retreating figure and felt slightly guilty, but then, why should she? Ejaz didn't think twice before getting engaged to Pinky? Then, why should she?

**********************************************************

Anah felt nervous as she sat with Reyhan outside the maternity ward. She held his palms. Reyhan winced as she dug her nails into his skin.

'Relax, Anu. You are scaring my kid as well.' He said trying to move his hand away. But before he could slip his hand out of her grip, she held his hand tighter.

A sweet nurse emerged out from the ward and Anah jumped in her seat when she spoke kindly to her.

Reyhan pressed his lips tightly at Anah, he then looked at the nurse and smiled sweetly.

'Sorry, sister. It's my wife's first ultrasound so she is freaking out.' He said and pinched Anah under then joined hands.

'Oww.' Anah winced, when she looked at Reyhan he glared at her.

Dr Aastha Singh looked at them and immediately recognized the couple. She smiled at them. Reyhan smiled back at her but Anah didn't, she kept clenching on Reyhan's hand like a kid.

As kids, Anah had always been the brave one compared to Reyhan who used to be a scary cat. But when it came to hospitals, doctors and injections, the case was opposite.

'Relax, Mrs Siddiqui. Nothing will hurt.' Mrs Singh smiled sweetly as she led Anah towards the stretcher. But seeing the complicated machines Anah panicked. She kept refusing to let go of Reyhan's hand.

'It is okay, Mr Siddiqui you can see too.' Dr Singh said with a smile. She found the couple incredibly cute.

'Since it is your first child its natural to get tensed.' She said as Anah sat on the stretcher. Reyhan and Anah looked at each other awkwardly as the Doctor lifted her top little. Reyhan looked away blushing as Anah undid the button of her jeans pulling it down below her navel.

'You can look, Mr. Siddiqui. She is your wife.' Dr. Singh chuckled. Reyhan nodded still not looking at Anah. He felt his cheeks burn. Anah smiled as she looked at Reyhan. He looked very adorable now.

'There it is, Mrs. Siddiqui.' The doctor's voice broke Anah's trance and she looked away from Reyhan and at the screen where the doctor was pointing at. Reyhan looked up too. He felt curious and excited to see his baby.

'Wow!' Reyhan gaped at the fetus on the screen. Anah had tears in her eyes. She looked away only when Reyhan held her palm. The Doctor explained them everything while they had their eyes glued on screen. Reyhan squeezed Anah's palm tightly. Anah didn't look at him she kept staring at the screen. She felt overwhelmed with emotions, right now she is glad she didn't have an abortion. The doctor paused the screen, Anah adjusted her dress and sat up. Reyhan sat on a small stool and kept staring at the screen awed. He is speechless experiencing a strangely pleasant feeling. The Doctor left them to have some privacy.

Anah wiped her tears and sighed.

'Let's go.' She said climbing down. Reyhan slowly moved his hand and touched the screen, his gaze not once leaving the screen.

'We are having a baby.' He whispered. Anah frowned. He turned around and held her hand pulling her closer. She gasped but smiled on feeling him touch her belly.

'It is in there-,' slowly he looked up at her, - 'our baby.'

Anah nodded, she felt her heart fluttering seeing his eyes glistening with tears. He seemed genuinely happy.

Reyhan smiled and hugged her, his arms wrapped protectively around her waist and his head resting on her belly.

Anah smiled caressing his hair as he expressed his happiness. Anah felt very lucky to have Reyhan. She is upset too because she is burdening him with someone else's responsibility. She felt guilty thinking how everything would have been more beautiful if there would have been Ejaz with her here, right now. He would have melted seeing his baby with his eyes. She sighed and held Reyhan's shoulder separating their frames. She held his cheeks and smiled at him.

'Let us go.'

****************************************************

Reyhan, how cute *_* he is super excited for the baby :* Are you guys excited as well??? Drop in your thoughts 

Thanks so much for reading guys, please don't forget to vote and comment before you leave :*