7~ Mouse's Love Interest

Anah wrapped up her work around 7.30pm, tonight she doesn't want to delay her stay at office. She looked at her work and exhaled loudly clenching her hair. She quickly folded her trace papers and stuffed them into her bag. She flung the bag on her shoulder and combed her hair with her fingers. As she walked out of her cabin she kept looking back at her table and opened the door mindlessly.

'Ahh...'

'Oh my God.' Anah gasped, her eyes widen realizing it was Devil Boss on the other side. He had been holding a coffee mug, it spilled on his white suit. Shit, white!

Ejaz looked furious but his expressions changed when Anah began apologizing profusely. He watched her face unable to take in what she spoke, her lips moved and it mouthed sorry. For some reason, he found a strand of hair falling on her face very distracting. All his anger melted. This has never happened to him before. He quickly composed himself and looked away for a second and then back again, she was still apologizing.

'Relax, Miss....?'

'Malik.'

'Yeah.' Ejaz nodded and then walked passed her. Anah is taken aback with his reaction. She had expected the Devil Boss to scream and shout or probably fire her but he didn't. He didn't react a bit. She turned her head and looked at his back. After he disappeared inside his cabin she turned around, shrugged and walked away.

********************************************************

Ipshita is surprised as she opened the door to a cheery Anah. She asked amused why is she so happy. Anah's smile disappeared recollecting the big stain on his white suit.

'But why didn't he tell anything.' Anah wondered out loud. Ipshita frowned and sat beside her. Anah sighed clasping her palms together, she looked front resting her forearms on her thigh. She narrated the coffee incident with Devil Boss. Ipshita gasped covering her open mouth with her palms. Anah is shocked to know that recently Maya, one of their colleagues, was suspended for a month because she had accidentally stepped on Devil Boss's well-polished black shoes. Anah gaped at her friend and is now more confused.

When in the shower, while changing into her PJs, and while tying her hair in a loose ponytail Anah kept wondering why the Devil boss let her go without even shouting at her. She sat on the bed, folded her legs and opened the laptop in front of her and dialed Reyhan. She decided if she gets a chance she will confront Ejaz at the gym else she is sure that she will lose her mental balance over thinking. Ipshita came into the room and tying her hair she requested Anah shift to the study as she wants to sleep. Anah nodded and silently picked up her laptop and carried it into the study.

She opened the window, sat on her chair and stared at Reyhan's smiling face flashing on the screen along with words CONNECTING underneath.

'Hey.' An overexcited voice broke Anah's reverie, she looked at the screen. Reyhan smiled widely at her, he waved at her. Slight dimples, which Reyhan is proud of, appeared on both his cheeks.

She smiled little and then it broadened. From the background, Anah could guess he is in his room, there is various sports poster stuck behind him. Anah remembers well how much he and his mother argued over them. Reminiscing that, Anah smiled.

'What's up? You look lost?' Reyhan asked concerned. Anah shook her head.

'Anu?' Reyhan raised his eyebrow not buying her words.

'Mouse?' Anah smirked.

The two looked at each other and began laughing.

'Arey listen, mouse....' Anah shifted in her seat and started describing Ejaz- the Devil Boss. Reyhan listened to her intently. But after one point he lost track. He had begun admiring her. The more she talked and the more he looked at her, Reyhan realized how much he missed her.

Anah sighed and Reyhan quickly composed himself straightening in his chair. Anah frowned at him and asked if he listened to her or did her monotone bore him. Reyhan shook his head smiling.

Anah fell back in her seat and then sat up again staring at the screen.

'So?' she said leaning her face against her right knuckles and looked at him, 'How is your girlfriend? Have you confessed yet?' Anah asked grinning.

Reyhan looked uncomfortable. Anah frowned, not knowing the girl he loves is her, is Anah.

'You didn't...' Anah rolled her eyes and Reyhan looked at her guiltily. Anah then went on to tell him how big fatto he is and why is he scared of a girl. Reyhan simply smiled.

'Anyho, tell me about your visit here. When are you coming?' Anah asked. Reyhan shifted closer and gave her the details. Anah made notes of everything and gushed how happy she was to have Reyhan coming.

'You have no idea how excited I am to be with you, again.'

'What?'

'Nothing...'

The two spoke for some more time before Anah realized she has to redo her designs for the Devil Boss. The two reluctantly cut the call. After talking to him, Anah felt at peace, she felt relieved and happy. That night she worked till 3 am in the night and didn't even need caffeine to keep her refreshed and alive, Reyhan's face and his words gave her the push she needed.

Since a few months ago when it was revealed to her about a girl Reyhan has a crush on, she apparently works in the same office as him, Anah has wondered who this dumb girl was? Reyhan is a very good looking 5'11-inch-tall man with chocolate brown almond eyes, jet black straight hair always combed and gelled. His personality is also very charming. He can make any depress man smile again. Anah is a fan of his optimism, he charms everyone and anyone but then why not that blind girl. Many times, Anah had thought with a chuckle, had Reyhan not been her best friend she would have definitely made him her boyfriend.

The girl whom Reyhan seems to love probably is very arrogant, at times Anah had thought of asking him to careful of her and stay away but dropped the idea thinking she might offend him. But since he is coming here Anah is happy that he will be away from that bimbo. 

**************************************************

How was the chapter, guys? 

Hmmm.....Mouse has a crush on his bff. What are your thoughts about it? and why didn't the Devil Boss scold Anah or suspend her? Something is fishy....

Drop in your comments and let me know :)

Thank you for reading and voting :*