31~ The Diwali Party

Anah introduced Reyhan to her colleagues. Many thought he was her boyfriend. The girls were relieved knowing he wasn't. Reyhan liked the ladies attention more because it annoyed Anah. Ipshita had worn a grey and golden Anarkali and went off separate to mingle with her group of friends. Anah and Reyhan were left alone. Reyhan was more than happy. Anah looked around searching for a waiter when she spotted Ejaz. Their gaze met briefly and she smiled waving at him. Ejaz's gaze darted from her to Reyhan and he turned around. Anah frowned. She held Reyhan's hand and dragged him calling Ejaz.

'Sir, sir, sir. Wait.'

Ejaz stopped when she didn't stop calling his name. Slowly, he turned around. Anah inhaled deeply as she and Reyhan stopped in front of Ejaz. Reyhan felt short of breath but he managed a smile at Ejaz. But he kept a stern face and Reyhan's smile dropped.

'Happy Diwali, Sir.' Anah smiled at him. Ejaz simply nodded.

'Sir.' Anah placed her palm on Reyhan's chest and looked at him. Ejaz shifted uncomfortably.

'Meet Reyhan, my best, best friend.' Anah side hugged Reyhan and he hugged her too nodding little looking at Ejaz.

He is just her friend – Ejaz is relieved.

Anah then turned her head to look at Reyhan, 'and mouse, he is Ejaz sir, my boss.'

Reyhan smiled extending his hand towards Ejaz, 'Nice to meet you, sir. Heard a lot about you from Anah.'

Anah nudged his arm sharply, he nearly jumped but managed to change his expressions and smile at Ejaz. Reyhan looked at Anah from the corner of his eyes, she glared back at him.

Ejaz and Reyhan shook hands.

'May I interest you for drinks?' Ejaz asked Reyhan pointing at the bar counter.

Reyhan shook his head, 'Sorry, I don't drink.'

Ejaz nodded and looked at Anah, 'He is a weirdo ignore him.' She said with a smile. Reyhan looked at her and she smirked.

'So, he is the Devil boss?' Reyhan whispered as they followed Ejaz towards the bar counter.

'Yup.' Anah nodded.

As they walked Anah almost tripped over her long flowing Anarkali suit. Ejaz turned back hearing Reyhan's voice. He held Anah's shoulder and steadied her on her feet.

'Told you don't wear heels, you are clumsy.'

'Shut up.'

Ejaz glared at Reyhan's arm that was around her shoulder. Irritated, he cleared his throat and they broke apart.

They had reached the bar counter when Pinky came to them. She scrunched her nose looking at Anah and Reyhan.

'Pinky, this is Anah one of our best employees and this is Reyhan her friend.' Ejaz introduced them. Reyhan pressed his lips tightly to not smile.

What kind of name is Pinky- he thought

Anah didn't like how Pinky held Ejaz's arm but she ignored the feeling and greeted her politely.

'What are you doing with your employees, Ejaz. Come here.' Pinky tugged his arm. Before Ejaz could protest she dragged him away.

Anah looked miffed not liking how Pinky was forcing her authority on him. Reyhan noticed Anah was annoyed and so suggested they play with some sparklers, it always lifts her mood. She instantly agreed.

Reyhan held her hand and led her where everyone else were gathered having a gala time.

*********************************************************

Anah chose green sparklers and Reyhan chose blue ones. Though it was nothing great, just twirling and waving sparklers in their hands but it was fun. They clicked some few photos as well. Reyhan's new mobile was perfect for low light. Anah got busy with Ipshita as they began launching fire rockets. Reyhan took the time to admire Anah in the pictures he had just taken. She looked stunning even in the low light. Reyhan is glad they clicked pictures through his phone, now he can cherish them.

Employees mostly had fun with fireworks while the Boss and other business associates were gathered around talking. Ejaz felt bored, he wanted to be with the others or rather with Anah. He admired her from far, the way she laughed whole heartedly and the way she mingled with the other staffs. The only thing that bothered Ejaz was her proximity with her friend, Reyhan.

Soon, the fireworks started and Anah squealed happily. She grabbed Reyhan's arm and pointed excitedly at the fireworks up in the air. Reyhan looked up for a while and then at her, looking at her is a better sight than the fireworks.

Ejaz too found himself lost in admiring Anah. Even from far he could see her childlike expressions. He found himself so lost in her that he couldn't even hear Pinky's irritating voice, nor did he care.

And then the party was over and everyone began dispersing. Ejaz wanted to talk to Anah but she was surrounded by other employees so he couldn't. Also, he was caught up with the dumb Pinky. Her real name is Yasmin but she didn't like her name considering it to be LS – low class.

***************************************************

Later that night, Ejaz lay on the bed and kept staring up at the ceiling. Anah's happy smiling face swam before his eyes. He smiled thinking about her but his smile faded recollecting Reyhan and Anah. Obviously, both are close to each other but they say they are friends? Could it be that they are more than friends?

Ejaz doesn't know why he is thinking so much, no girl has ever bothered him so much. Then something bizarre came into his head – is he in love with her?

Ejaz shook his head sitting up on his bed, the mattress so soft that he had literally sunk in it. How can he be in love? He doesn't believe in love anymore. And in love with Anah? What is so special about her that isn't there in any other girl. She isn't even from his class.

But she is pretty, smart and very genuine. Unlike other girls, she doesn't swoon over him. Ejaz came to terms with the fact that he is attracted to her but by the time he fell asleep thinking about her, he was partly convinced that he loved her.

********************************************************

Gosh, guys, Someone is in love *_* Haaayeeee....

What do you suppose is gonna happen next, will Ejaz confess? Will Anah reciprocate his love?

Stay tuned to find out ;)

Guys, please don't forget to vote and comment :*