39~ The Pendant

There is another hint of the future track here, guys. Lets see how many of you find it ;)

************************************************

After strolling for some time more after the sunset Anah insisted they go back. She panicked thinking about the work. No matter how much Ejaz said they will manage she didn't calm down and he sighed giving up.

As they drove back to the hotel in the cab, Ejaz extended his hand and held Anah's. She smiled lowering her gaze as he kissed the back of her palm. He then entwined their fingers and rested their joined palms on his thigh. Anah blushed looking out from the window. Ejaz admired her for the rest of the journey.

As they entered the hotel, Ejaz pulled her closer, 'Meet me for dinner and after that, we will work together, okay?' Ejaz suggested. Anah nodded.

She then smiled and quickly pecked his cheek before running off towards the elevator. Ejaz smiled touching his cheek. Anah smiled at him before stepping into the elevator.

Anah entered her room and locked the door. She leaned against the door. Her chest heaved as she took deep breaths.

'OMG, OMG, OMG!' she exclaimed about everything that happened just now.

Ejaz, the Devil Boss confessed he loves her, she accepted him, they kissed. So much happened in the blink of the eye, Anah can't believe it. Her first instinct made her rush and grab her phone.

'Reyhan.' She gushed happily as she speed dialed his number. But then her smile faded when he picked up the call.

Anah can't tell him, he will lecture and demotivate her or worse come here in Goa. He can do anything to protect her. Anah doesn't want to trouble him. She knows what she is doing, she is an adult and she doesn't want anyone to nag her.

They spoke random things. Anah tried hard to not confess everything. Only she knew how hard she resisted herself.

After cutting the call, she thought of calling Ipshita but then she wanted to see her reaction live when they meet and so dropped the idea.

***************************************************

Anah worked till she got a message from Ejaz asking for dinner. Anah smiled as she typed, 'Okay, ten minutes.'

She got up and quickly searched her wardrobe for the dress for dinner. Anah sighed sadly because she had packed only casual wears, she didn't have anything special.

Ejaz paced outside the restaurant of the hotel waiting for Anah, he has gotten a surprise for her and is excited to see her. He kept glancing at the elevator. His wait ended when Anah stepped out. She looked pretty in a simple sleeveless Olive-green blouse and denim jeans. Her hair open and resting on her back. She is dressed casually just like how Ejaz likes it. This why he lost his heart to her, a simpleton because she is genuine and there nothing is made-up about her. Anah approached him with a nervous smile.

'You are looking amazing, love.' Ejaz complimented with a smile. Anah looked visibly relieved. He extended his arm and she smiled taking his hand. They entwined their arms and entered the restaurant.

Anah enjoyed the dinner, this was the first time she had some fancy food.

At first, she felt guilty but Ejaz assured her saying, 'Relax love, you are my girlfriend now.' The smile and the twinkle in his eyes helped Anah relax.

*******************************************************

After dinner, Ejaz suggested she takes her work stuff and join him in his suite. He said they have small bar and coffee maker it will help them work better. Anah agreed. She hurriedly collected her things and left her room.

Ejaz prepared the table for work, also increased the lights to have a better atmosphere. He also felt nervous with the surprise he has gotten for her. He hoped she likes it.

'Hey.' Anah greeted entering the room. Ejaz smiled letting her in. He hung, don't disturb sign on the door and locked it from inside. He doesn't want anyone to disturb their work or more importantly his quality time with Anah.

He watched Anah neatly place her designs on the table, she then placed her laptop beside the papers. She kept the pen stand next to the laptop and filled it with color pens. Ejaz walked up to her and held her arm, she stopped doing what she was doing and looked at him.

'Anah, I have something for you.' He said.

She gave a small nod.

Ejaz shoved his hand into his pocket and took out a red velvet box. Anah's eyes widened assuming it to be a ring. He smiled and opened the box taking out a thin gold chain with a small solitaire pendant.

'Wow!' Anah held the locket and admired it wide eyed. Ejaz is relieved and happy she liked it.

Then she looked at him, 'But Ejaz when did you get this?' she asked surprised.

Ejaz smiled and moved behind her, 'After coming from the beach.' He whispered close to her ear.

Anah trembled feeling his breath fan her ear lobe.

Ejaz asked her permission and she nodded. Anah felt her heart fluttering as he pushed aside her hair and made her wear the locket.

'This is token of my love for you, Anah.' He rested his chin on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her waist. Anah stiffened but soon relaxed and placed her hand over his.

'This is to say Anah, that you are mine.... only mine.' He whispered caressing her cheek with his nose. Anah shivered feeling giddy with excitement. She felt touched thinking that he loves her so much. And then something struck her and she parted their frames.

'Ejaz...there is something I want to tell you. I love you, and I am yours...but...about Reyhan.' Anah looked at Ejaz and noticed him clench his jaw, she extended his hand and held his gaze with hers, 'Reyhan and I are childhood friends, we are very close and I don't want our relationship to affect that friendship or vice versa.' She confessed fearfully.

Anah wanted Ejaz to understand this and not to get insecure about her relationship with Reyhan. Because truth be told Anah can't leave Reyhan, not for anyone, not even for the man she loves.

Ejaz looked annoyed but Anah coaxed him assuring him that she and Reyhan share the only bond of friendship and nothing else, their relationship is pure and strong and she will be miserable if she made to be separated from Reyhan.

'Besides he has a girl. He has a major crush on her back in his old office. Ejaz?' Anah finished looking at him, into his eyes.

Ejaz took a second before he nodded. Anah is relieved and hugged him. 

*********************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop in your comments.

Thanks so much for reading, please don't forget to vote and comment :*