62~ The Fall Out

The rest of the day Ipshita ignored Anah, she too wasn't in any mood to argue with her friend. But the cold stares and the silent treatment was kind of creepy for Anah. She then busied herself with work.

Anah checked her trace paper and corrected few more mistakes. She then bit her lower-lip, she must take the designs to Ejaz to have it approved. She looked up at Ipshita for some moral support but then again, she is met with a cold stare.

Anah sighed and rolled her papers and left the cabin. Ipshita watched her through the corner of her eyes. Had Reyhan not made her swear she would have punched and kicked Anah for what she had said to Reyhan. Ipshita holds great respect for him and can't tolerate anyone misbehaves with him.

*************************************************************

As Anah was about to knock the door, she flinched on hearing Ejaz scream at one of her colleagues. She tried seeing from the blinded window who was the poor soul but she couldn't. Ejaz is in a very bad mood and on seeing her he will fire more- she thought.

But Anah isn't scared, or at least she tried to not be scared. The door opened and Abigail, came out crying. She held pieces of her hard work tightly against her chest. Anah wanted to console her but she ran off too quickly. She remembered the first time she had brought her project and how Ejaz had torn it. Then she hadn't known that one day she will be falling in love with the Devil boss and eventually be carrying his child. Anah shook her head and composed herself.

Seconds later, she knocked the door.

'Come in.' she heard his hoarse voice. She clenched the trace paper tightly and entered. Ejaz stood by the window taking a puff of a cigarette to calm himself. She cleared her throat and he turned around. Anah scrunched her nose as she smelt the smoke. Ejaz looked at her expression and then his gaze fell on her belly.

Shit, the baby – Ejaz instantly dropped the cigarette and stamped on it. Anah looked at him for a second before walking up to his table. He watched her place her rolled trace papers.

'Sir, my designs.' She said formally. She didn't bother looking at him and stared at the papers. When Ejaz doesn't say anything, slowly she looked at him. He nodded. She gave a small nod and avoiding any eye contact she turned.

'Anah.' He called softly and she paused, her palm hovering over the door knob.

'You want... me to... call off the engagement?' He asked cautiously. Anah held the door knob tightly but doesn't respond. Ejaz stared at her back for a while not knowing how to say further.

A few seconds later, he gathered his voice and spoke, - 'I will call off the engagement, Anah. Any time you say but... I need proof that you aren't cheating on me, that you love me and are only mine. Anah I need proof that the child you are carrying is mine. You have to do a DNA test and after that, I will call off the engagement. I promise.' He said.

Anah inhaled sharply, she turned around and looked at him. Tears pooled her eyes but she wasn't worried about that. She simply said, - 'Let me know what changes I need to do if any.' And before Ejaz could stop her, she rushed out.

Ejaz's accusation in the moment of heat had hurt her, him getting engaged to someone else had also hurt her but nothing hurt her more than the fact that he didn't trust her. DNA Test? Seriously? Anah was beyond hurt. She agrees he must have trust issues because of his past, but Maria's case was different, he never truly loved her and here he claims to truly love Anah and yet he is doubting her.

This is what he knows about the woman he claims to love. This is what he thinks of Anah?

Anah came into the cabin crying, Ipshita wanted to console her but she remembered the incident from the morning and didn't bother. Anah felt lonely. Having fought with her best friends, her parents and fall out from her boyfriend, father of her child, Anah felt alone and vulnerable. 

************************************************

Precap:

'Remember Anah, when we were kids. The first time we met, I was three and you were five. How you took care of me and promised to never let anything hurt me.' Reyhan looked at her and Anah nodded. He smiled and held her hand and continued, - 'I promise you now, Anah. I will not let anything harm you. Ever.'

'Oh, Reyhan.' Anah exclaimed and hugged him. This time both had tears in their eyes and they didn't bother wiping it.

How was the Chapter, guys? And the Precap? Drop in your thoughts :)

Thanks so much for reading guys, please don't forget to vote and comment