26~ The After Effect

Anah cursed herself for millionth time as she stepped out of the elevator. She kept glancing at her wrist watch and muttering curses under her breath.

Last night Anah had drunk so much that she was hammered. Reyhan and Ipshita carried her back home, tugged her to bed. Anah was hell embarrassed to know that she had clung on Reyhan like a second skin refusing to let go and muttering nonsense like, 'you are so handsome.'

'I want to kiss you.'

'Hey, Handsome, sexy dude.'

'You know that Devil Boss? He is handsome too....'

Ipshita had to literally peel them apart.

Next morning, Ipshita gave her lemon juice and narrated every embarrassing detail from last night.

Anah's head and been pounding badly and so she decided to rest and didn't realize she overslept so much that she reached office by lunch time. This could be bad and especially with Devil Boss lurking around, this could be very bad.

Anah is relieved to know that the Devil Boss hasn't come to the office but she felt bad knowing that he is tending his mother who slipped from the stairs and injured her ankle. Anah decided after office hours she will pay her a visit. Anah is close to Mr. Zafar Ali and his family, not in a very personal way but little more than just employee and boss.

Mrs. Zafar Ali is a sweet woman. Even though Anah has met her only twice she has bonded well with her. And about Ejaz, he had been abroad and so Anah had never met him before just heard of him.

Anah and Ipshita worked silently. In absence of Devil Boss, the atmosphere at work was calmer and lighter. People were working also chatting.

******************************************************

Later, Anah and Ipshita also stopped at the coffee bender machine for little chat with other girls.

'I am upset, Ejaz sir hasn't come.' Asha said sadly. Other girls chuckled, Anah laughed little louder than others. She is the most relieved he is absent.

'He is so hot. The office seems boring without him.' Asha defended herself. She pouted angrily.

'Babes, he is very intimidating.' Anah said placing her palm on Asha's shoulder and smiling.

'But you are so lucky, Anah. He gives you special attention.' Chitra winked. Anah rolled her eyes.

'She is a lucky b****. Once she missed gym and Ejaz sir was so worried and once he offered her drink and-' Anah had to stamp on Ipshita's feet to make her stop talking. The others looked enviously at her. Anah clarified saying it is nothing like that and Ipshita is just imagining things.

'I dare you to deny whatever I said is false.' Ipshita challenged Anah. Anah simply shook her head.

The other girls began pestering Anah to know what she did to get Ejaz's attention.

'I am sure you must have given him some kind of signals that you are interested in him.' Mohini said bitterly. Everyone stopped speaking and looked at her.

'Excuse me?' Anah raised her eyebrow. She looked sternly at Mohini who seemed unmoved with her stare.

'Tell whatever you want Mohini but not a word against my character. I will not spare you.' Anah said sternly. Mohini doesn't reply she simply twisted her lips. Anah then flipped her hair haughtily and walked away. Ipshita followed her and apologized feeling guilty for blabbering, 'I was just pulling your leg.' She said

'Never mind, Ipshita.' Anah said not looking at her friend and walking in their cabin.

***************************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Mohini *angry face*

Drop in your thoughts :*

Plz guys, support me and do vote and comment.

Thanks for reading guys :*