68~ Mehendi

Guys, I am still not fully recovered. I am feeling bad that because of me you guys have to wait so much. That's why I managed to post this small part. Please ignore the typos

**************************************************

Anah still doesn't understand how has this happened. Just two days ago she had come for a long break to her home town. And now, she is sitting on her bed surrounded by giggling girls and women, nudging her and teasing her. Anah ignored them and chose to stare at the Henna artist drawing beautiful pattern on her palm. The henna covered entire of her fore arm reaching till her elbows. Also, her feet were cold with the Henna covering her legs till her knees. Her arms ached by keeping them straight for hours.

'Should I write the name?' the Henna artist asked her. Anah was about to refuse but her mother interrupted and said yes, she also mentioned to scatter the words and write. Anah rolled her eyes. Also, she found it weird when her mother mentioned, Reyhan as Damadji.

Two days earlier, everyone had insisted she marry Reyhan but she kept refusing. She felt annoyed at Reyhan for agreeing to the marriage. She even threatened to return to Mumbai but was adamant not marry Reyhan. He deserves someone better, not her who is carrying a child of some other man. Anah didn't want to spoil his future by tying him up with her. She had blasted Reyhan over skype for agreeing.

Finally, Anah agreed only when her mother threatened suicide and cut her wrist little.

As soon as Anah agreed the cards were done and distributed mostly by the internet. Everyone was requested to fly in, in a very short notice. The Maliks and the Siddiquis wanted the marriage to be grand so that everyone could be told later that Reyhan and Anah are having their first child. Anah knew their lie would be caught if someone calculates, but then who bothers.

The plus point was Anah's childhood girl gang, Fiza, Ahana and Huma. Anah is surprised to know all three are married and Fiza has a three-year son too.

'Kamino, why you all married so early?' Anah teased and they laughed together. Anah felt uncomfortable as they teased about her wedding night that was a day after. They had spoken everything in short time except for the fact that Anah is pregnant. She didn't want to be judged by her friends, rather she wanted to enjoy their company.

Soon, dinner was served. With all amazing aroma floating into her nostrils, Anah felt her stomach rumble with hunger. Her friends suggested they get a plate of dinner for her. Anah is grateful to Huma as she fed her. Thanks to the Mehendi eating becomes difficult.

*********************************************************

Around 2 am, Anah could move her hands freely. The Henna has completely dried. She had even blow dry it to be quick. Her mother had changed her bedsheet and so Anah was spared from doing that. She went into the bathroom but realized she isn't supposed to touch water till tomorrow, else dark color will not come.

Anah felt too tired to change from Mehendi green salwar suit and so decided to sleep in it only. As she adjusted her duvet she heard a knock at the window.

At first, Anah thought it's wind but then when the knock happened again and this time louder she turned around. Anah gasped on seeing Reyhan's face pressed against the window pane. She hurried and opened the window. She looked at him concerned as she helped him climb in.

'Hey.' Reyhan flashed his best-dimpled smile. Anah crossed her arms and frowned at him.

'What the hell are you doing at 2 in the morning in my room?' she asked him sternly

'Actually,' - Reyhan felt shy as he said, - 'I wanted to see your Mehendi and find my name. What if they ask me to do after marriage and I don't want my kachra to happen in front of all.' He smiled.

Anah shook her head, a smile crept on her face.

She agreed and led him to the bed. While she sat at the edge of the bed, Reyhan kneeled beside her. Anah extended her arms and displayed her Mehendi under the bright night lamp.

'Wow!' He complimented looking at her Henna. Anah smiled with pride.

Reyhan then spent one hour finding his initials and got only alphabets R-E-Y.

'Are you sure you didn't use my short form.' He wondered out loud scratching his chin. Anah giggled shaking her head.

The Henna designs were so complex that Reyhan could decipher nothing.

'Are you sure, it's not on the leg.' Reyhan pulled up little of her pajama but Anah was quick to slap his hand away

'No, silly.' She giggled.

Few pathetic attempts later, Anah helped him find the letters. Reyhan slapped his forehead as they were so obvious.

'I knew it, just wanted to check if you were paying attention to the Henna artist.' Reyhan smiled. Anah chuckled hitting his arm playfully, - 'Kuch bhi! Idiot.' She said.

Reyhan smiled. He felt very happy after all he is living his dream of getting married to Anah, the woman he is so madly in love with. He takes her by surprise as he kissed her forehead. Anah stopped laughing abruptly and looked at him. She blinked at him as he smiled back at her.

'Good night, Anu.' He said moving his hand away from her nape. Anah kept staring at him. He smiled, turned around and climbed out of the window. Seconds after he was gone, Anah moved her hand and touched her forehead, she felt his warm lips on her skin and she smiled.

********************************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Please drop in your comments and please please don't forget to vote :*

Thanks so much for reading

Precap:

Shaadi Hai! Nacho