78~ Surprise for Anah

Anah stepped out of the elevator and with Ipshita's help carried all the gifts towards her apartment. Ipshita wondered out aloud as Anah opened the door rather than ring the bell.

'Reyhan is going to come home late, important client.' Anah informed her entering the apartment.

'SURPRISE!'

'AHHH....' Anah and Ipshita screamed together. Ipshita dropped all the gifts. Reyhan had planned to surprise Anah by lying to her about the client meeting. This didn't go too well, he guessed as both the ladies began scolding and hitting him for scaring them.

Reyhan apologized and when they had calmed down he informed them that he has gotten more surprises for Anah. She felt excited as he blindfolded her eyes. Ipshita was requested to be silent and not react until the blindfold is off Anah.

'What is it? Should I open my eyes?' Anah began immediately making Reyhan and Ipshita roll their eyes. Reyhan held Anah's palm and led her towards the bedroom. Anah kept moving her head aimlessly, her other hand resting on her baby bump. Finally, when the blindfold was off her she shook her head and opened her eyes.

'Wow!' she exclaimed looking around. Their bedroom was completely renovated. Reyhan had stuck baby photos everywhere, he has also gotten a cradle that is placed beside the bed near Anah's side.

Reyhan led her towards the bed and showed at her few clothes and baby toys he has gotten as well.

'For my princess.' He said proudly

'Prince.' Anah corrected him. Reyhan looked at her, she kept staring at everything wide-eyed. She sat on the bed as Ipshita arranged the teddy bears and the other gifts on the bed. Anah picked up one rattle and shook it, the sound sounded so melodious to her. Anah picked up a tiny white sock, it had a cute red bow tie as well. Ipshita excused herself and left to give some privacy to the soon to be parents.

Reyhan kneeled beside Anah and she turned to look at him.

'Thank you.' She confessed. Reyhan noticed tears glistening in her eyes.

'Hey.' He leaned forward and held her face in his palm. Anah smiled closing her eyes as he kissed her forehead.

'I should be thanking you.' He said caressing the belly lovingly. Anah wanted to correct him, she wanted to tell him that she will forever be grateful to him for what he is doing for her and the baby. But she didn't want to spoil the sweet moments and so she doesn't interrupt him.

Anah chuckled as Reyhan spoke with the kid.

'Hey, you talk with it too, else it will think I am the mother too.' Reyhan chuckled. Anah laughed nodding his head. Honestly, Anah feels Reyhan is more of a mother and father both for the kid than her and as of the real father, he is as good as dead. Anah's smile faded recollecting Ejaz.

Many times, she wondered if Ejaz had ever loved her? Or was his love so weak that it crumbled so easily? Does he ever think of her and the child? Does she mean anything to him, did she ever mean anything to him?

Anah snapped out of her reverie when Reyhan announced he will plate dinner. Reyhan and Ejaz the two men in her life are so contrasting, Anah wondered. Ejaz made her feel special, loved her but when the time came to marry her or take up the responsibility of the kid he easily shrugged it off. Then there is Reyhan who only for the sake of their friendship took up the responsibility and killed his own desires. Anah blinked away her tears, and then once again she got the same thought she had been having recently.

Is it only friendship that has made Reyhan marry her or is there something else? Anah has begun to notice something strange in his eyes, she sees love. Something about the twinkle in his eyes makes her feel secure, happy and loved. Anah smiled caressing her belly. She shouldn't think much.

******************************************************************

Ejaz was fed up with his parents pestering him to get married to Pinky. The cherry on the cake is Pinky's irritating late-night phone calls. He is forced to talk to her, that too gently and politely. But the Jaanus and the babus is getting to him, slowly and steadily.

At times, Ejaz wondered what is he doing? Why is he punishing himself for Anah's fault? Ejaz has made up his mind, even though Anah has cheated on him, just once if she comes and apologizes to him, he will take her also the kid. He will raise the kid as his own. He loves her and misses her very much, but his ego isn't letting him take the first move.

That Sunday, Ejaz is relieved as he walked into the golf course. Playing golf with his friends destresses him, which is secondary to playing with his dog.

'Hey, man! Ejaz.' Three men greeted Ejaz as he walked towards them. They all shook hands. Ejaz spoke with all three, one lanky and fair, Dev, another stubby with slightly balding head, Feroz

and third one slim and fit like Ejaz, Vikram.

'Here take this.' Vikram forwarded a box of greasy ladoos towards Ejaz. He eyed it briefly before looking up at his friend. He raised his eyebrow

'Dude, it will do for one day. I have awesome news.'- after few seconds of dramatic pause he continued, - 'I am going to be a father soon.' He announced with pride.

Ejaz looked at him, there is a bright smile on his face and the glint in his eyes. This made Ejaz envious of him. Vikram then lectured them about the pride and happiness that comes with just the news of having a baby. Ejaz listened to him intently, a sinking feeling his heart. By the end of the lecture, Ejaz had decided to make the first move.

**************************************************************

Awwww, Reyhan *_* He will be the death of me one day. How can someone be so adorable?

And Anah is thinking if it this could be more than friendship, hmmm

And Anah is thinking if it this could be more than friendship, hmmm.....What do you guys suppose this will lead her to? 

Ejaz misses Anah so much *heartbreak emoji* and he is coming for her.

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop them generously in the comments ;) And thanks so much for reading

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop them generously in the comments ;) And thanks so much for reading. Please, don't forget to vote and comment :*