29~ Who is Mouse?

Anah sat beside him in the passenger seat. Ejaz adjusted the mirror and ignited the engine. Anah watched him as he turned his head looking behind as he backed the car. When he looked at her she quickly looked away.

'You don't talk so less with your friend, Ishita.' Ejaz surprised Anah with the comment. Her head shot up and she looked at him. He smiled at her.

Anah smiled, 'Ipshita.' She corrected him. Ejaz nodded his head and repeated his comment correcting his mistake. Anah felt her heart flutter thinking that he noticed that detail of her.

Ejaz switched on the radio to make Anah comfortable. A soft romantic number played and the two glanced at each other. Anah looked away blushing while Ejaz forced himself to look away and focus on the road. Ejaz glanced at her palm from the corner of his eyes. His hand itched to place his palm over hers and feel her soft skin. But he resisted himself.

Also, he is unable to understand why he is feeling the way he is feeling for her.

The journey was a silent one, except for the music and the google map giving them directions.

Ejaz hunched little and looked out from the car window at the building that Anah pointed was hers. She felt slightly embarrassed as she said it isn't anywhere near to his mansion but it is still home.

'It is cute and cozy.' Ejaz smiled at her. Anah smiled back feeling better that he isn't judging her or looking down at her.

Even being filthy rich, stern and intelligent Ejaz isn't arrogant and snobbish like Anah had assumed when she had seen him for the first time.

Anah unbuckled the seat belt and something stuck her, she turned little and looked at Ejaz.

'Please come up to my apartment, I will make you meet my mouse.' Anah said excitedly. Ejaz looked at her amused and she smacked her forehead, 'I mean Reyhan.' She corrected herself.

Ejaz's smile disappeared as he wondered who is Reyhan?

Ejaz remembers his father mentioning that Anah was the only child then he couldn't be her brother.

Is he her boyfriend? Of course, he could be. Such a pretty and smart woman like Anah being single is impossible. Ejaz felt uncomfortable and so he refused stating he is busy. Anah didn't pester him. She felt bad thinking she might have crossed the line.

'Bye.' She said peeping through the car window.

'Bye.' Ejaz said. Anah watched him go. After he had gone out of the gates she turned to walk towards her building when she saw Mrs. Mukherjee look at her strangely. Anah ignored her and walked confidently past her.

********************************************************

Later that evening, Anah, Reyhan, and Ipshita spent making lists for the Diwali party. After coming from Ejaz's mansion Anah had received a text from him reminding her of the Diwali party. The only thing she is to do is make a list and rest will be taken care of by Ejaz himself. Anah didn't waste time and called Reyhan and Ipshita to help her. Ipshita knew the delegates and the employees but Reyhan was clueless. He came only because he didn't want to see Anah troubled.

As they made the list, Anah and Ipshita got into an argument and Reyhan had to calm them down. After that Reyhan sat in the middle of them to avoid their arguments to turn into physical fights.

By midnight they were done. Ipshita had fallen asleep on the couch. Though Reyhan was sleepy he didn't let it show on his face lest Anah gets demotivated. Once done, Reyhan took his leave.

'Thanks, Mouse. Ipshita was a waste but you were a good help.' Anah smiled at him. The two stood at the door step of her apartment.

'Hey, in friendship no sorry and thank you.' Reyhan grinned at her. Anah smiled slapping his arm. She then wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Reyhan smiled, the time he spent breaking his head with the girls was worth it. He moved his arms around her but before he could hug her Anah moved away.

'Good night.' She smiled at him.

'Good night.' He smiled back.

Anah leaned against the door and watched him go. And before he stepped into the elevator he waved at her, she waved back. After he had disappeared into the elevator. Anah closed the door.

*******************************************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop in your thoughts :*

And Please don't forget to vote and comment guys. 

Diwali party next ;) Excited? Then quickly vote and comment :*