47~ The Two Men and Anah

TING TONG....

Anah jumped in her seat as the doorbell rang. Ipshita asked her to relax and hurried to get the door. Anah stood up adjusting her dress. She peeked from behind Ipshita and is relieved on seeing Reyhan.

'He hasn't come yet?' Reyhan looked at Anah who shook her head. She felt like kicking Ejaz. He is very punctual and always on time and tonight, on such an important night he is late. Anah didn't like the look on Reyhan's face.

They waited for ten more minutes with Ipshita talking some random things trying to keep the atmosphere from not getting awkward.

Anah felt Reyhan's glares at her and felt uncomfortable. She kept cursing Ejaz in her head.

Soon the doorbell rings and Anah jumped up as though she had spring attached to her behind. She hurried to the door while Ipshita and Reyhan glanced at each other.

'What the hell? Why so late?' Anah gritted her teeth at Ejaz. He smiled and forwarded a bouquet of roses and replied with a smile, 'I was getting these for you, love.'

Anah melted and smiled back. Ejaz leaned forward and kissed her lips. She blushed and moved aside letting him come in.

Reyhan and Ejaz greeted each other and shook hands. Both hid their dislike for each other very well.

Ipshita, on the other hand, tried hard to not get over excited about having their boss at her apartment, for the first time. She flushed brick red as Ejaz greeted her shaking hands with her, for the first time. She felt goose-bumpy.

Anah nudged her hip sharply and whispered reminding her that Ejaz is now her boyfriend.

'Lucky b****.' Ipshita whispered back.

********************************************************

At the dining table, Ejaz and Reyhan sat opposite each other, Ipshita beside Reyhan and Anah at the center chair in between the two men. Reyhan shifted in his seat and spoke first. He asked Ejaz random stuff, Ejaz replied confidently.

Anah watched the men talk casually, she held her breath and could hardly eat anything.

And Ipshita didn't care, she kept eating her food and occasionally staring at Ejaz and feeling her heart flutter as he spoke.

Anah is relieved when the two men found football and basketball as their common interest.

Ejaz being six feet there is no doubt he must be a good basketball player. Yet Reyhan suggested they play a match together. Anah raised her eyebrow looking at him as he smiled back.

Ejaz readily accepted the offer.

'Seriously, you guys will play against each other. Think of poor Anah who will she support.' Ipshita said feeding herself a morsel of food.

'Me, of course.' Ejaz and Reyhan said in unison.

Anah and Ipshita looked at each other wide-eyed.

'Good luck, Babes.' Ipshita said smiling as the two men laughed. Anah smiled little.

***********************************************************

After dinner, they spent some time talking over dessert. Anah is happy and relieved that the two are getting along. Soon, Ejaz was to leave. He bid good bye to everyone and also side-hugged Reyhan. But before he could hug Anah, Reyhan stepped in between.

'I guess, it is getting late Ejaz.' He smiled. Anah and Ejaz both looked disappointed but Ejaz masked it with a small smile.

Ipshita smiled dreamily at him as he bid her good-bye.

Once he was gone and the door was closed, Anah looked at Reyhan with a broad smile.

'So?' she asked confidently.

'Yeah, he is okay-okay.' Reyhan replied dryly. Anah slapped his arm and began to praise Ejaz. Reyhan smiled nodding his head.

He seemed happy, but his sad eyes didn't go amiss by Ipshita. She sighed not saying anything.

*******************************************************

Later that night, Anah sat on the bed in her PJs and was busy texting Ejaz with a smile when Ipshita entered the room wearing her night clothes. She looked at Anah and frowned tying her hair.

'Chatting with Ejaz?' she asked sitting on her side of the bed. Anah nodded her head not looking away from the phone. Ipshita pressed her lips together and swiftly snatched the phone from her. Anah looked at her annoyed.

'Hello madam, there are things other than Ejaz in this world.' She said annoyed

Anah blushed, 'Not for me, Ejaz is my world.'

Ipshita rolled her eyes. She then shifted in her place. Anah lay beside her.

'What you think of Reyhan?' Ipshita asked.

'What about him?' Anah asked adjusting her duvet. The two lay beside each other and stared at the ceiling.

Ipshita sighed, 'Don't you think he is handsome.'

A broad smile appeared on Anah's lips, she turned to her side facing Ipshita.

She turned her face as Anah propped up on her elbow and looked at her friend, 'Are you serious?' Anah asked amazed.

Ipshita shrugged and Anah smiled widely turning and resting on her stomach.

'You like him?'

'I do, but not in a romantic way. He is handsome and friendly and respects everyone. Everything that a girl wants in an ideal man. And he makes Rotis, and the best part they are all perfect ad round Rotis. Matlab, a guy who makes such perfect Rotis shouldn't be let off the hook. Perfect marriage material. But, he loves someone else.' Ipshita concluded sadly.

Anah nodded.

'You know what, Ipshita. Had Ejaz not been in my life and had Reyhan not been my friend I would have totally fallen in love with him.' Anah laughed at her own stupidity. Ipshita smiled sadly.

'He is a gem; whichever girl gets him will be very lucky.' Ipshita concluded.

Anah nodded and then got distracted when her phone beeped again. Ipshita sighed sadly, even though she threw hints at Anah she didn't get it. Ipshita stared at her back knowing well that she is chatting with Ejaz.

*****************************************************

So guys, how was the chapter?

Thankfully the dinner went well. Reyhan approved of Ejaz? And Ipshita :D :D 

Anah is so smitten in love that she isn't noticing Reyhan's discomfort. She is new in the relationship, this happens *heartbreak emoji*  

What are your thoughts on Ipshita and Anah's conversation?

Please drop in your comments :*

And thanks a lot for reading, before you go please don't forget to vote ;)

And guys, I m little busy this weekend so can't promise back to back updates, but will try to post at least one part that too not sure. So sorry *tear falling emoji*