55~ Ugly Fight

'You are avoiding my calls, I am worrying like an idoit for you. And then I get to know you are happy with him. What am I to make of it?' He glared at her.

Holding her arms firmly he shook her little. Anah shuts her eyes tightly.

'Ejaz! Please don't. She is pregnant.' Reyhan hurried towards them to separate them. Ejaz froze.

Immediately, his memory flashed back to the day he had seen Reyhan and Anah coming out from the gynecologist cabin.

Ejaz lets go of Anah who stumbled back little.

'Anah? You-are-pregnant-that-means-means-you-you che-cheated on me.' Ejaz looked shockingly at Anah. She shook her fearfully.

He took a second to let the shock sink and then felt anger rise.

Anah gulped taking a step back, she shivered staring into his blazing eyes.

Ejaz took a step towards her and held her hand and pulled her closer. She stared frightfully into his eyes.

'Didn't I tell you, Anah. Don't ever cheat on me.' He jerked her and she squeezed shut her eyes tightly again. Ejaz held her other arm as well and shook her furiously. Anger blinded his every sense. He repeated his statement and demanded to know why she cheated on him.

'Ejaz please.' Reyhan pleaded softly.

'You B******.' He turned and punched Reyhan on his jaw. Anah gasped wide-eyed.

Reyhan straightened holding his jaw, 'Please let me explain, Ejaz.' He began but welcomed another blow on his stomach this time. Reyhan fell on his knees clenching his stomach tightly. With all the heavy blows, he felt giddy.

A crowd had begun to gather outside their apartment door, leading all the surprised faces was Mrs. Mukherjee.

'Ejaz, stop it.' Anah held his arm trying to stop him from hitting Reyhan again. He jerked his hand from her grip and stared at her before grabbing her throat.

'Ejaz!' Reyhan called weakly.

Ejaz stared furiously into Anah's eyes while she choked, 'Why did you cheat on me, Anah? Didn't I say you that if you cheat on me I don't know what I will do. Then why?' he walked with her still holding her throat. Anah winced as her back hit the wall.

'Please, Ejaz don't...she is pregnant...please be gentle.' Reyhan called out weakly.

'SHUT UP!' Ejaz bellowed and everyone quivered.

Ejaz turned around to glare at Reyhan before turning back to Anah, her face had gotten slightly red and blue with lack of breath.

'You said he is only your friend but you... I gave you everything you wanted, Anah. I loved you so much-' Ejaz's expressions softened, he let go of Anah. She hunched forward holding her throat and gasping for breath.

Ejaz turned around and run his fingers through his curls before turning back to look at Anah. She flinched and stuck to the wall staring fearfully into his eyes.

'Why did you cheat on me, Anah? I told you to give me some time, little time, but you? You went ahead and slept with your so called best friend and got yourself pregnant. Now you are throwing the burden on me. Why? Because I am rich? Is that what you wanted, Anah, money?' Ejaz yelled.

Anah shook her head, tears fell from her eyes. Reyhan closed his eyes, his arm still clenched his stomach. Reyhan could hear gasps and fervent murmurs and he isn't liking it.

'No, Ejaz.... this is your child...I conceived that night in Goa.... trust me...' Anah sobbed.

'Lie!' Ejaz slammed his palm hard against the wall very close to Anah's face. She quivered shutting her eyes tightly.

'You are lying, you are a liar, Anah.' He held her shoulders while she cried, - 'I hate you. Never, never show your face to me again. Else I swear I will not spare you.' He gritted his teeth.

He pushed her back and turned around, shooting a sharp glare at Reyhan Ejaz walked out. Everyone parted to let him go and then passed glances at each other. The murmurs grew. Anah fell on her knees and clasped her palms pressing it in between her thighs. She started crying leaning forward. Her cries echoed in the apartment silencing the murmurs.

Reyhan managed to compose himself and walk towards her. He fell beside her and engulf her in the hug, hugging her from the side. Anah sobbed loudly, while he caressed her back. His cheek pressed against her head. Reyhan couldn't stop his own tears, his voice cracked as he took her name softly, - 'Anah, please don't cry.'

He didn't know what else to say to console her.

************************************************************

Guys,

What are your thoughts on the chapter? Drop in your comments 

Thanks so much for reading, and before you go please don't forget to vote and comment