65~ Making her laugh

'That was such a boring party. These high society parties never click with me.' Reyhan shook his head. Anah doesn't respond. With her head lowered and arms wrapped around herself she stared at the foot path as the two walked on the pavement. Reyhan isn't liking her fallen face. He forced a smile and wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer.

'How about some Chaat?' he asked. Chaat and ice cream is something that Anah never refuses. When she is in a terrible mood, these two works like a charm.

'Whatever.' Anah shrugged. Reyhan smiled happily and fished out his phone from his pocket.

Reyhan googled the restaurant that served the best Chaat and selected the one with the highest rating. Luckily, it wasn't too far.

"Just a little while longer, Anah. Then you will be smiling like a kid."- Reyhan thought to himself.

***************************************************************

Reyhan watched Anah sitting opposite him and staring at the table. Reyhan tapped his fingers on the table.

'Stop it.' Anah said annoyed. She finally looked up at him after ten minutes into coming in the restaurant and five minutes into placing their order. Reyhan smirked, he succeeded in getting her attention. He didn't stop tapping his fingers instead he increased his pace. Anah slapped his hand and he winced. She smirked at him.

'Glad you smiled.' Reyhan said leaning forward. Anah realized what Reyhan was trying to do. She smiled extending her hand and placed it over his palm. Reyhan felt an electric jolt but he didn't let it show on his face.

'Thanks.' She muttered. Reyhan frowned retracting his hand. Anah looked at him surprised. He then faked disappointment and tried imitating Salman Khan's famous dialogue about friendship. Seeing his pathetic attempt Anah chuckled. Her laughter sounded no less than melody to his ears. He smiled watching her laugh.

Soon, their order came. Reyhan and Anah beamed at each other as the waiter placed Papdi Chaat on Reyhan's side and Bhelpuri on Anah's side.

'Bhaiya, you have added extra Imli chutney in this one?' Anah pointed towards her plate. The waiter nodded and left.

'Yum.' Both said in unison and began eating. They ate like no one cared. Anah wanted an eating competition but Reyhan refused because he knew they will be a risk of choking.

After they finished the food; with Anah finishing first, they ordered ice cream. Strawberry and Vanilla.

Soon, they finished, paid and left. As they walked on the pavement, Anah held Reyhan's arm and laughed as Reyhan joked about random things. He is glad his attempts to make her laugh is working. She clung to his arm and laughed heartily, her head falling on his shoulder every time she laughed out loud. He loved that.

As they sat in the cab Reyhan noticed something glistening around her neck. He had noticed it before and wanted to ask her about it but kept forgetting. When he asked about it he noticed Anah's smile fade slowly. She touched her necklace and recollected Ejaz had gifted it to her in Goa. Anah had been wearing it ever since as he didn't want her to take it off. She became so accustomed to it that she forgot all about it. Anah felt tears prick her eyes as she touched the chain.

''This is token of my love for you, Anah.''

''This is to say Anah, that you are mine.... only mine.''

Anah smiled sarcastically. She wiped her tears with the back of fingers and looked at Reyhan.

'Nothing. I bought this in Goa.' She replied avoiding his gaze. From her expressions, Reyhan guessed it must be a gift from Ejaz.

'When things start to depress you, it is better to get rid of it.' He advised. Anah nodded. She shifted, wrapped her hands around his arm and rested her head on his shoulder.

****************************************************

Awwwww.... Reyhan *_* He is so sweet :* Haina, guys?

Precap:

'Moved on? You moved on before me, Anah. All this mess is because you couldn't control your hormones and slept with someone you called your best friend.' Ejaz said angrily.

Anah felt her blood boil, how dare he? Beforeshe knew it, she had slapped him.

Uh-Oh the precap *intense music playing in background* *Biting nail emoji*

How was the chapter, guys? and the precap? Drop in your thoughts :*

Thanks so much for reading and please before you go, don't forget to vote and comment :* please recommend the story to other if you enjoyed it :*