70~ The New Bride

Next morning Anah's sleep is disturbed by heavy snoring from beside her. She frowned and raised her hand

'Shut up, Ipshita.' Anah said while groggily moving her hand to slap her friend shut. Her eyes sprung open when she accidently touched a man's crouch.

'Ahhh....' She yelped waking Reyhan up as well.

'What happened? What happened?' Reyhan looked around alarmed. Anah looked at him wide-eyed. Reyhan turned his head to his right and found Anah looking at him. Her eyes wide in shock and her chest heaved with the heavy breathing.

Reyhan exhaled loudly relieved, - 'You scared the shit out of me, Anu.' He said shaking his head.

'You scared me.' Anah retorted.

Reyhan is baffled wondering how he scared her. The two got into a small argument over who scared who. As the argument got intense advancing to pillow fight there is a knock on the door.

'Idiot, you were hitting a pregnant lady.' Anah yelled throwing a pillow at Reyhan. It hit his back as he hurried towards the door.

Mrs Siddiqui beamed from the other, she looked at dishevelled Reyhan and Anah and smirked. Both looked at each other confusedly.

She walked up to Anah and handed her few dresses, all looked too Jing-gang for Anah's liking. Some too loud and almost all studded with sequins. Anah simply nodded her head as Mrs Siddiqui explained to her, - 'being the new bride you will have to wear these for few days, while you are here. Few guests would like to see you. Please get dressed and Anah, don't worry they aren't very heavy it won't bother my grandchild.'

Anah is shocked when Mrs Siddiqui referred to the baby as her grandchild. She looked at her surprised but Mrs Siddiqui simply smiled warmly at her. Anah is overwhelmed with the gesture.

Reyhan noted tears in Anah's eyes so he quickly said, -'Come on Anu, the dresses aren't so bad that you are crying.' He joked.

Anah smiled through her tears slapping his arm playfully.

**********************************************************************

Anah had a hard time carrying the long Burgundy Gharara as she walked into the hall where many ladies awaited her entry. There were all excited and curious to look at the new bride. Anah is helped by Mrs Siddiqui to sit neatly on the bed. Mrs Siddiqui adjusted her side maang tikka, complimented her and placed a dot of kohl under her chin before adjusting her veil covering her face.

Soon aunties began flocking and surrounding Anah. She felt like a show-piece as the women kept peeking inside her veil.

Anah is relieved when the ladies began insisting they removed her veil. Mrs Siddiqui raised Anah's veil and properly set it on her head but before she moved she whispered into her ears, - 'Don't lift your head until you are asked you. Just nod or shake your head and please blush.'

Anah nodded slightly.

Outside Reyhan had sneaked in a young kid with his mobile and asked him to film everything. He plans to later tease Anah with it.

The ladies spend one excruciating hour talking to Anah and she was to behave like an ideal bride and keep nodding no matter how much she wished she could just yell ****, Anah controlled herself a lot. After that, the ladies got busy in gossiping random stuff. And Anah had become something for the kids to ogle at. Many small kids tried climbing on her too but Mrs Siddiqui shooed them off.

'Here hold him, Rizwan.' A middle-aged woman passed her one-year-old grandson to Anah. She smiled and took the kid in her arms. The kid stared into her eyes briefly before smiling. Anah smiled too.