13~ The Cupid's Arrow

A scared fifteen year boy rang through the corridor of ST. Xavier school. Mean laughter of boys following him when there wasn't anybody actually behind him. He ran with all his might and dashed into the Boy's washroom. He huffed leaning against one of the cubicles and tried hard to calm his ranging breath. He clenched his bag tightly as he began crying recollecting everything that happened in the canteen minutes ago.

Minutes ago, young Reyhan was excited to feast on the Aloo Paratha his mother had made for him. He had been sitting on one of the tables waiting for his friends, Anah, Ahana, Huma and Fiza. All girls and all his seniors. But that doesn't bother him, he is happy with them. Apparently, everyone else had a problem with it.

A gang of boy's lead by the cool boy of the school, Tony. They came out of now where and began teasing and taunting Reyhan. Calling names like Fatto, gay, nerd. They had even dropped his lunch and left him in tears.

Reyhan is startled with loud banging at the door. His heart jumped to his throat.

Who could it be? – he thought fearfully.

'Mouse...open the door.'

He is relieved on hearing Anah's voice. He took a deep breath and quickly wiped his tears with the back of his palms and opened the door.

His eyes widened on seeing a badly battered Tony lying at his feet.

'Apologize to him.' Anah thundered at Tony. Reyhan flinched at her tone. Tony moved but didn't speak

'You want more?' Anah kicked his leg and he winced. Reyhan rushed to Anah and pleaded her to leave him and it was okay. Anah glared at him and seeing the fury in her Reyhan gulped taking a step back.

'No one can insult you and just walk away, Mouse. I will break their necks.' Anah said menacingly.

Tony shifted little and apologized meekly. Anah smirked. Reyhan held her arm and dragged her out of the washroom.

'What the hell, Anah? You can't just go around beating anyone.' He said seriously. Anah smiled and held his hand, 'Anyone who lay a finger or a bad eye on you, I swear I will not keep quiet.' She said staring confidently into his eyes. Reyhan saw a glint and something hit him – the cupid's arrow.

Everything was good till they were kids but after hitting puberty, something strange began happening to Reyhan. He began getting attracted to Anah, the way she looked, the way she cared for him, everything about her. But after that day Reyhan realized he loves her.

How does he know? - Reyhan himself isn't sure how? But he knows one thing that he has never seen any other girl the way he sees Anah nor felt for any other girl the way he feels for Anah. The only problem is confessing.

Reyhan smiled recollecting the good days as he stood in front of the dressing table buttoning the sleeves of his grey shirt. As he combed his hair he heard the doorbell and his heart jumped to his throat. He quickly fixed his hair with his fingers and applied cologne and then hurried to get the door.

He is awestruck on seeing Anah, even in simple attire of sleeveless floral chiffon blouse and white shorts she looks stunning.

Anah can wear anything and always look breathtaking - Reyhan thought with a dreamy smile.

He noticed she had matched her attire with white sneakers and accessorized it with a silver delicate wrist watch, pearl ear studs and few bangles on other wrist. Her wavy hair open and resting on her back.

Reyhan had his eyes stuck on her. She looked even more beautiful as a person than on video chats. She has matured as a beautiful woman from the young carefree girl he had seen last.

'Hey.' Anah waved her palm in front of his face and he shook his head snapping out from his daze.

'Come.' Anah smiled grabbing his wrist.

Reyhan kept staring lovingly at their hands as she dragged him towards the stairs. Anah kept blabbering something about how she got late, Reyhan listened to her all the while admiring her.

*************************************************

'What are you looking at?' Anah asked amused.

Reyhan smiled and answered mindlessly, 'You.'

Anah raised her eyebrow and he quickly covered up by saying how much she has changed over the years and he missed very much.

'You look so handsome as well.' She said caressing his slight stubble. Reyhan felt his heart flutter rapidly. When she turned to her side facing the apartment door, Reyhan placed his palm on his rapidly beating heart trying to calm his heart rate. He sighed.

Anah reintroduced Ipshita and Reyhan.

'Your friend is cute.' Ipshita whispered and Anah nudged her sharply with her elbow. Ipshita winced massaging her stomach. Reyhan looked at them and both flashed a smile at him. Reyhan is surprised to see the girls have prepared so much food for dinner. He laughed when Anah told him that everything they have ordered from a nearby Dhabba.

As they ate Ipshita kept constantly quizzing Reyhan, she spoke so much that at one-point Anah thought she will present her marriage proposal next.

Nevertheless, Anah felt happy that someone from the female kind is giving her  Mouse some attention. 

********************************************************

Kya Ek Ladka aur ek Ladki Sirf ek dost ho sakthe hai? (Can a girl and a boy be just friends?) Well, in this story Ipshita and Reyhan are answer to the question. So don't worry about them, guys :D 

Bdw isn't Mouse cute *_* and he is so lovestruck *Haayee* Cupid has hit him hard :D :D

What are your thoughts on the chapter, guys? Drop your comments and let me know :)

And guys thank you so so much for reading and voting :) and silent readers plz vote and comment.