49~ It's Positive

Few weeks later, Ejaz and Anah began arguing over the marriage issue. Ejaz tried talking patiently with her but eventually lost his patience and one night screamed at her. Ipshita had to console Anah whole night until she fell asleep.

Reyhan was furious when he heard this but when he heard the whole thing, he sat with Anah and asked her to have patience.

'Listen Anah, give him some time. It has just been few weeks. He hasn't refused to marry you, he is trying his best. You should be patient with him. Dealing with parents isn't easy.' Reyhan had explained her and Anah cooled down little.

But one day, she spotted Ejaz coming out of the cabin with Pinky and together they got into the car and drove away. Then Anah had felt angry, very angry. Later, her anger turned into hurt and she locked herself in one of a cubicle and began crying badly.

Ipshita eventually found her. Anah hugged her and cried narrating everything. Ipshita listened patiently all the while caressing her hair. She felt bad for her friend but she was helpless too.

****************************************************

One morning, 'Wake up, Anah. It's already 7 we are getting late for work.' Ipshita said as she stepped out from the bathroom dressed for work. Anah sat up sleepily and sighed checking her mobile.

As she moved her duvet off her she felt slightly giddy but she ignored it and stood up. It has been happening for some time now and Anah has begun ignoring it.

Ipshita entered the room and looked at her aghast, she warned her about getting late again and turned around looking at her reflection. Anah suddenly felt pukish and dropped the duvet.

Ipshita frowned as Anah rushed into the washroom. She got slightly worried when she heard her friend gag.

'All right?' Ipshita asked as Anah washed her face. She nodded wiping her face and mouth.

'Must be Chinese from the Dhabba we went last night.' Anah said placing the hand towel on the hook.

'I warned you that you were over eating.' Ipshita smirked at her. Anah nodded and walked up to her wardrobe as Ipshita's phone beeped.

'Shit!' Ipshita slapped her forehead. Anah turned to look at her friend, she looked tense.

'Today is 30th I completely forgot. I was supposed to submit my designs today. Crap!' Ipshita cursed and walked out of the room hurriedly.

Anah frowned- today is 30th

'Why are you staring at the calendar, Anah and why the hell are you still in your PJs.' Ipshita yelled while scurrying in the kitchen for quick breakfast.

'Ipshita, I missed my date.' Anah said in a low voice,

'Not you, me? I might skip my date if I don't submit my desig-'

'Ipshita! I missed my periods this month.' Anah said loudly.

Ipshita froze and looked at her. She blinked for a while before saying, 'Maybe it's late two or three days. Yeah because you are taking so much stress na, that's why?' She reasoned.

Anah shook her head resting her one hand on her hip and with the other, she held her forehead.

She took a deep breath.

'My date was on the 7th.'

Ipshita stared at her shocked. Anah fell on the bed. She clenched her palms and placed it against her forehead.

'You think you are-' Ipshita asked hesitantly, she sat beside her.

'I...don't...know...' Anah's voice wavered as she spoke.

She looked close to crying. Ipshita sat beside her and placed an arm around her friend.

She asked her to relax and take a leave today and get a pregnancy kit and do the test.

'I am scared, Ipshita.' Anah said fearfully.

'Nothing will happen, I am sure it's not that. They are many reasons to it. Relax.' Ipshita assured her and squeezed her palms. She then side-hugged her friend and left the apartment.

*********************************************************

Anah's heart raced and her fingers shivered as she tore open the cover of the pregnancy kit. After Ipshita had left, Anah quickly wore a robe around her PJs and left for a chemist shop nearby. Ignoring the looks the shopkeeper and his assistant gave her she had grabbed the kit, slammed the money on the counter and walked away.

Slowly, she walked inside the washroom and locked it. She stared at the kit again, her heart in her mouth.

Ipshita worked on her laptop with her assistant Arjun when her phone beeped. It is a message from Anah. Ipshita excused herself and walked to the corner to check the message. She felt her heartbeat pace faster with nervousness as she opened the message.

Anah: It's positive.

Ipshita felt her heart drop. She exhaled loudly getting worried and frustrated. She felt concerned for her friend.

She held her forehead. 'Shit.' She muttered under her breath.

***********************************************

Uh-Oh! guys, Now what? How will the men react? Ejaz? Reyhan?

What is going to happen next *gasp*

What you guys, think? Drop in your thoughts.

Thanks so much for reading and before going please vote and comment :*