Chapter 3

Ember woke up, noticing that she laid on the ground of the drop ship alone, Bellamy's stolen guard jacket draped over her to keep her warm. It was still night outside, and Ember put on Bellamy's jacket, walking out of the drop ship, hearing Jasper moaning from the top of the drop ship.

At first she was planning on looking for Bellamy, but decided against it as she passed by Charlotte, one of the delinquents. Ember had befriended her just like most of the 100. Charlotte was screaming, and several people were glancing in their direction. "Mbege," She said to her friend. "Control them." She said, looking at the people she had talked to on occasion. He nodded, walking over to the last ones. "Hey, Charlotte," Ember shook the young girl's body, and Charlotte shot up, looking at Ember. "It's ok. You're just dreaming again. Same dream?"

Charlotte nodded. "Tell me about it."

Charlotte sniffed, as Ember got comfortable beside her. "My parents. I keep seeing them in my dreams."

Ember felt a pang of sadness. "And you know that they say I assaulted a guard."

Ember smiled as the young girl, running her fingers through Charlotte's hair comfortingly. "Look up." Ember commanded, and Charlotte did as told. "See that bright shining light? That's The Ark orbiting above us. I believe that whatever happened up there, you know, everything, then maybe we can move past that now. Maybe being on the ground is our second chance."

Charlotte looked up at Ember hopefully. "Do you really believe that?"

"I'm trying to."

~*~

Emma watched as Murphy threw a knife, attempting to stick it into the tree. But he missed, and the knife bounced off, making Emma starting laughing, and Murphy looked back at her. "It's that damn kid, always messing with my head."

"He's not gonna last much longer." Bellamy stated. "Better think of a new excuse." Bellamy teased, throwing an axe into a tree, and it stuck, successfully showing off.

Ember started walking up behind them, Bellamy's jacket loose on her arms. "Murph, didn't I tell you that if you're gonna fuck up a shot to do it in privacy?" She asked, making everyone look back at her. Emma glanced at her sister, growing seemingly mad as she saw Bellamy's jacket. Ember didn't notice, as she made eye contact with Bellamy.

"Sorry Jo, guess I'm just not on top of it today." He retorted, rolling his eyes. She smirked, taking the knife from him and taking a few steps back. She landed it in the tree like Bellamy had, and she rolled her eyes at Murphy.

Atom and a few others walked up to them, and Ember gave them a smile, Emma leaning against a tree still, an eyebrow raised. "We searched a half-mile all directions. No sign of Trina or Pascal." Atom said.

"Visit your special tree when you were out there?" Murphy asked with a smirk, and Ember, who stood right beside him at the moment, smacked him outside of the head. He sent a glare at Ember, who smiled innocently.

"Atom took his punishment. Let it go." Bellamy scolded Murphy.

"Could be grounders." Atom suggested, attempting to ignore Murphy.

Emma rolled her eyes from the tree. "Yeah, or they could be in pound town." She said, as Bellamy and the others looked over at her. She winked at Bellamy suggestively. "Lot of that going around recently."

Jasper moaned slightly in the background. "Look, Bellamy, Ember, people are scared, and that dying kid, he's not helping the morale around here." Atom said.

Ember wondered why she was included that that for a moment, before Murphy shot her an "are you stupid" look and she understood. "Morale will go up when we find them more food." Bellamy spoke for the both of them.