Chapter 34

After Ember had secured Holden a room with Abby, she headed off to her room to meet Octavia. She was filled with worry over how Octavia would react, but believed that since Octavia and her had been friends long before she was dating her brother, they would still be long after.

Ember entered her room, seeing Octavia sitting down on the couch. Ember looked around the room, everything untouched from when she had last been here. Ember eyed her best friend nervously, wishing that she had brought Emma with her for support instead of leaving her with Holden and Abby. "Hey O."

Octavia looked up, smiling at her best friend. She hadn't heard Ember come in, surprised by how quietly Ember had entered. "Hey Em." She said softly, looking back at the table. She fiddled with a napkin, pursing her lips.

"What's wrong?" Ember asked, sitting down beside her. Octavia was usually an excitable and happy person around Ember, and she noticed that her friend was unusually grim and quiet.

Octavia met Ember's eyes. "Are you staying for good?" She asked, and that's when Ember understood. Octavia didn't want Ember to leave again, and Ember couldn't blame her for being worried about her leaving for a third time.

"Yeah." Ember replied, reaching over and grabbing her hand. "I promise you that I will not be leaving you behind, ever again." Ember assured her, leaning forward in her seat and making eye contact with Octavia. "If I need to leave for any reason I'll drag you with me."

Octavia finally broke a small smile, nodding a bit. "Good, although there will be no dragging required." Octavia replied. She also leaned forward, putting her elbows on the table. "So what's the deal with Holden? Why'd he come to the Ark with you and Emma?"

Ember took a deep breath, deciding to just come out and say it. "Holden saved my life, and Emma's. He brought us back to his village, and that's where we stayed while we were gone." Ember pursed her lips, thinking for a moment. "While I was there, he and I, we got... close."

"Are you guys dating?" Octavia asked, waiting for Ember to confirm what she asked. Ember nodded, and Octavia's facial expression didn't change as she leaned forward a bit. "Are you happy with him?"

"Yeah." Ember said after a moment.

"Then I'm happy for you." Octavia said, shrugging her shoulders. "He must really like you if he'd come here with you."

Ember smiled. "Thanks O."

Octavia leaned back in the seat. "You nervous to see everyone?"

Instantly, Ember nodded. "Everyone's okay, right? I wanted to be here for them, but I couldn't handle being back here, not back them."

"I'm sure they understand. Want me to go with you to see them all?" Octavia asked, as the two stood up from the table.

Ember nodded. "We'll grab Emma and Holden on the way. Emma wants to see everyone."

~~~

The twins and Holden followed Octavia as she led them to where the survivors of the 100 were. Ember held onto Holden's hand, who kept trying to stop and look at all the new things around them. "Holden." Ember whined, tugging him forward. "Later, I promise." She told him, trying to keep him moving forward.

Holden nodded, moving back to her side and walking beside her. Octavia looked back at them amused, while Ember gave her a deadpanned look. "Don't encourage this." She told Octavia, who put her hands up mockingly and turned back to look in front of her.

Ember rolled her eyes, Emma pausing for a moment so she could be beside her sister. "Ready?" She whispered, looking in front of her.

"Yeah." Ember glanced to her sister and gave her a comforting smile.

The minute they got to the area where their friends were, Ember had people running at her. She let go of Holden's hand, as she stumbled back from the impact and hugged whoever was hugging her back. It took her a moment to realize that it was Monty. "Hey." She said, looking at him and then her other friends.

Harper was next, moving forward and giving Ember a quick hug. "You're back?" Miller asked, moving forward but not touching her. When she nodded, he broke out a large smile and then hugged her tightly. "Glad you're back Jones."

Her heart clenched at the familiar nickname, forgetting that people other than Bellamy had called her that. "Thanks Miller." He pulled away from her, and she got angry at herself as she looked around for Raven and Bellamy, unsure if she was glad or disappointed that they weren't there. She noticed that a few other members were missing, members that she knew had survived Mount Weather, people like Jasper and others such as a quiet girl named Gina who Ember had talked to on a few occasions.

"It's nice to see you all." Ember said, smiling at all of her friends. Octavia coughed awkwardly when another person walked into the room, and looked to the twins.

"Ember." Raven said in surprise. Ember glanced up, freezing up as she laid eyes on Raven. "When did you get back?"

Raven moved forward, and Ember tensed more, the closer she moved to her. Seeing her tense, Emma reached forward and grabbed her sister's hand. "Earlier today." Emma replied for her.

As if seeing her tense body, Raven didn't move forward. She had known that Emma had told Ember the truth, Octavia had told her and Bellamy when the twins had first disappeared "Well, if you ever want to talk Em, about anything... I'm here." Raven hesitated as she turned around, but knew if she wanted to repair the relationship with Ember then she'd have to let Ember come to her.

Ember waiting for Raven to leave before continued to talk to her friends about the last two and a half months.

After an hour or so, Ember excused herself from the group and left Emma in charge of keeping an eye on Holden. She headed towards where she knew Raven would be. She entered the room, seeing Raven at work. "Raven?"

Raven turned around, facing Ember in slight surprise. "Ember, hey! I want to apologize about-"

"You don't need to." Ember interrupted, not wanting to hear the words come out of Raven's mouth. "I'm over it."

"You are?"

Ember nodded quickly. "I'm even with someone else, so it's all in the past." Ember assured her, but her heart sped up at the lie. "But we were friends long before we to go the ground, and I don't want something like what happened to get in between our friendship."

Raven smiled. "Me too."

A/N: I'll start season 3 next chapter, and she'll reunite with Bellamy