Chapter 24

By morning, Emma had told all of Ember's friends besides Raven the truth. Raven was left in the dark, and Emma had decided it would be a pleasant surprise to learn that Ember knew the truth. Clarke had talked to Ember after the events last night, understanding and supporting her decision to send the Mountain Man back to the mountain.

Emma has assigned people to look after Ember, afraid that she would snap when they weren't prepared. Clarke was assigned that day, since they had to lead together.

They didn't think that would be a problem, until that morning when Clarke went to go check on Raven and the radio, and Ember went with her.

Raven sat by the radio, doing her normal work. Ember saw her and kept her face neutral as they had a Grounder with them that she wanted to respect her. "Has he checked in yet?" Clarke asked, glancing over at Ember, afraid she was going to do something to Raven.

Ember met her gaze, raising an eyebrow. She put her hands up in silent surrender, lowering them as Raven turned to face them. "No." She glanced at the Grounder behind the two. "Worried someone's gonna take a shot at you inside the Ark?"

Clarke looked back. "Wait outside, Rider." He bowed his head respectively, leaving the three alone. "Lexa's orders." Clarke said, feeling the need to explain.

"Whatever, Clarke." Raven replied.

The room was silent for a moment, as Ember looked at the time. Bellamy was ten minutes past the scheduled time, and despite her palms getting sweaty and her heart beating faster, she told herself she wasn't worried. "He's late. What if something's happened to him?" Clarke asked.

"He'll be fine." Raven replied, glancing at Ember and wondering why she was so silent. She earned a glare in return, and Raven quickly looked away,

"You've been busy." Clarke said, looking at the work Raven had done. Ember scanned the information she had on the dam uninterested. "Why are you focusing on the dam? I told you acid fog was our priority."

Raven walked over to Clarke. "Until Bellamy gets eyes on their dispersal system there's only so much I can do."

Clarke said, agitated with Raven. "Fine. Tell me about the dam. Can we cut off their power?"

"Maybe. I'm still playing with a few things."

Ember picked up a toning device, switching it on. She had only made the one, and the the responsibility had been onto Raven, Clarke telling her that Ember was needed for other things. Ember knew it really meant that they didn't think she was in the right mindset to be making them. "How many of those have you made?" Clarke asked.

"Only two so far, but-"

"Two?" Clarke asked, interrupting her. "That's not enough. There'll be Reapers everywhere."

Raven pursed her lips, glancing between Clarke and Ember. "Hi-frequency tone generators don't grow on trees, Clarke. Wick is scrounging for parts."

"Raven! We are about to leave for Tondc where Lexa and the heads of all 12 Grounder clans are waiting for Ember and I to tell them we're a go. Only, we're not a go, because they still have acid fog, and we only have two tone generators."

Ember reached out and touched Clarke's arm supportively. "Hey, we'll be ready." Raven told her softly. "We will." Raven assured her.

"Work Station, do you read me?" Bellamy asked over the radio. "Anybody there?"

Clarke grabbed the radio quickly. "Bellamy, you're late. Every three hours means every three hours."

"Are you through?" Bellamy asked.