Chapter 16

Emma wasn't sure what her plan was, she decided that when she came to the conclusion that she was totally lost.

Her original hope of finding something from just walking had failed her, and she was stumped. Now, she walked through the woods, angry that she had left her shoes behind. Her feet ached and she was finding it harder to walk.

Being alone was also affecting her, unsure if Clarke had survived the fall. The thought of it terrified her, of losing her only friend left. It was getting dark, and she wasn't sure where she was going to spend the night, but she knew she had to figure it out soon.

After another half out of walking, she had a slight idea of where she was. She believed this was where Bellamy had done most of his hunting trips, and recognized the caves. She walked inside of them, ready to get some sleep, and rest her sore feet.

~~~

The group moved quickly through the woods, Ember with her sword at the ready, and the rest, excluding Murphy, held their guns up. "Everyone, eyes peeled. We're in Grounder territory."

"Everything is Grounder territory, all right? I can't keep running, all right?" Murphy stopped moving, making Finn turn back towards him angrily. Bellamy stopped walking as well, and Ember bumped into him before looking up at him. "We don't even know if the guy Finn killed was telling the truth."

Ember flinched as Finn walked past her, and he tugged on Murphy's shift. "Keep moving." He growled.

"We can give him a minute." Bellamy told Finn.

Finn glared at Bellamy. "No, we can't. You heard what that Grounder said. "They'll outlive their usefulness."" Finn said quickly.

Ember stepped in front of Bellamy, her head ending right where his chin was. "We heard what he said when you had a gun to his head."

"Look, you think I wanted to do that? He would have told his people we're coming, and by the time we got there, our people would be dead. Maybe that's something you can live with, but I can't!" Finn went to shove past them, but Ember pushed him back.

"Hey, you did what you think you had to do, but you are not yourself right now, and I can't be out here with another loose cannon."

"You guys." Ember looked past Finn at Monroe, who had her gun up and pointed behind them. Ember turned slightly, her hand moving to clutch Bellamy's when she realized what she was looking at. The bodies in the bush had already gained a smell, and Ember wanted to cry when she realized what it was.

Having been from Factory station herself, she recognized multiple people. "Bell." she whispered, seeking comfort from him. He squeezed her hand, as they all walked down the dirt path, seeing more bodies.

"Where the hell did they come from?" Finn asked.

Ember bit her lip, looking back at him. "The Ark." She told him, swallowing her pain, she knew she wasn't going to break, especially in front of him. "Factory Station."

They walked over to a cliff, making Ember look away as she saw several pieces of the Ark at the bottom.

"There's nothing we can do for these people. We got to go." Bellamy said, making Ember pause, hearing a noise in the distance.

She shared a look with Bellamy. "Someone's down there." She said, running over to the cliff, putting her sword into her sheath. "We need to help them."

Sterling went to stand beside her, and looked down. "Mel?" He asked, speaking loud so she could hear him.

Ember raised her eyebrow, recognizing her from a few of her classes, before she had gotten caught. "Help me! Sterling, please!"