Chapter 92

"Are you sure we should do this?" Tori whispered as Kaylee entered the dining room. "She made a mistake."

"It's late. What's the emergency?" Kaylee asked Russell.

Josephine put her hand on Tori's arm. "Calm down, little sis. It's just a little payback. It's not like we can do much damage when we're immortal anyway."

Tori didn't like the idea. She hated hurting anyone on purpose, but she didn't disagree with Josephine's plan, she never did. "Rose was killed, but Jade returned with your family." Russell opened his hand to show her the mind drives with them on it.

She moved closer to him. "Oh, thank god."

He closed his hand before she could grab them. "First... tell us the truth."

Simone stepped up beside Russell. "There's a rumor that you and your family were running away when you went up to the Earth ship."

"That's ridiculous. Why would we run away? Who told you this?"

Josephine tugged Tori's arm so she walked out with her. "We did."

Kaylee glared at them. "You would take the word of strangers over me?"

"What's the matter, Lee-Lee?" Josephine asked. "You don't recognize your best friend?"

Kaylee paled. "Josephine?" She looked over at Tori. "Tori."

Tori shifted awkwardly, crossing her arms over her chest. "Surprise," Josephine said. "I heard that you were the one to find my last body after my tragic fall. And find Tori after her murder."

"I hear you found Isaac's body in the Offering Grove."

Josephine smiled. "Yes. His give to Sanctum was appreciated."

Tori paled, her mind going back to when she watched her sister kill Isaac. She'd stood idly by and watched. She had tried to talk Josephine out of it, but she was impossible to control when she was mad. "He would never offer himself!" Kaylee said.

"English, please," Simone said.

Kaylee turned to her quickly. "She killed someone I cared for. I was protecting Sanctum. From you."

Josephine clutched onto the silver knife on the table, and Tori seemed to be the only one that noticed since she knew what Kaylee was planning. "And Tori?"

Kaylee didn't reply, but they knew why. She wanted revenge on Josephine, and Tori was the perfect victim. Josephine turned around and stabbed the knife into Kaylee's neck. "Josephine!"

She ignored her dad as she grabbed onto Kaylee's face. "Yours was the last face I saw before I fell. Now we're even."

Josephine let go of Kaylee, and she dropped onto the ground. Tori clenched her fists together to stop a flinch from coming out. Josephine signalled for Tori to join her, and she did quickly. "I know we have a lot to discuss, but right now, I want to have a shower, talk with my sister, and get out of this hideous dress."

She stepped over Kaylee's body carelessly. "Come on, Tori."

~~~

Tori sat on the comfortable bed, humming along to the song that played through Josephine's speaker. She rested her elbows on the silky leggings she wore, holding her camera in her hands as she took pictures as Josephine danced around the room.

She had photos from every host the two had had on the camera, and she had to make sure she had plenty from these hosts as well. To make the bodies as immortal as them through photography.