Chapter 25

Ember was filled with adrenaline. The minute she saw Octavia tending to the wounded, she somehow found the energy to shakily run over to her and pull her into a hug. Octavia clung onto her as well, both glad to see the other alive.

"You're bleeding." Octavia said, pulling away and looking her up and down. She was bleeding from several wounds on her body, but Ember brushed her concern off. Octavia could tell she was getting into leader mode, and was distracting herself from her own emotional and physical pain.

Lincoln moved over to them, and Ember looked at him, the two grabbing each others forearms in welcoming. "Where were you guys when the missile hit?" Ember asked, noticing that neither of them looked injured.

"In the woods." Octavia replied. "We need to find a Healer for you."

Ember shook her head. "There's a lot of people in worse shape than me. I'll get checked out when it was over."

Octavia nodded after a moment, as Lincoln moved over one of the rubble from a broken building. "Lincoln, be careful." Octavia said. "It's not stable." She warned him.

"They're down there." he said, trying to move a piece of concrete but unable to.

"Do you hear someone?" Abby called out.

Octavia ran over to Abby. "Abby?" Octavia reached out and put a sympathetic hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure Clarke's okay. We'll find her."

Ember pursed her lips, as Octavia ran back to Lincoln. "Don't worry." Ember told Abby slowly, making the woman look up at her. "I won't tell anyone." She muttered.

"Indra! She's alive!" Lincoln yelled, making Ember hobble back over to him. Abby did too, as Lincoln threw a piece of concrete to the side and pulled Indra out of the rubble.

"Put me down, Reaper!" She cried out. She stood up, looking around at all the damage that had been done.

She met Ember's eyes, and opened her mouth to say something when two gunshots sounded throughout the air, and Ember felt a bullet land in her shoulder as she watched Indra get hit with the other bullet. She dropped to the ground, hearing more gunshots ringing out, and bit her lip harshly to keep from making any noises.

Octavia wrapped her arms around Ember, helping her hobble behind part of a building. "Sniper! Get down!" Someone shouted.

Ember breathed heavily, tugging on Octavia's arm. "Check if the bullet went all the way through." She instructed.

Octavia did as asked, slowly shifting her to look. "Exit wound." She muttered. Ember nodded, picking up a burned piece of cloth off of the ground. She wrapped it around her own shoulder, holding the ends out to Octavia. Octavia tied it together tightly, and Ember nodded.

"That'll work for now. " She told Octavia.

"We're trapped." A girl near them said, as a Grounder who had stood up got shot down.

"I say we use the Sky Girls to draw fire." A man said, looking at them.

"You got a problem?" Octavia asked, not in the mood to deal with anymore hate towards them.

The man nodded. "Yes. You are the bringers of death."

"Come on!" Lincoln yelled to them. Ember looked over to see him carrying Indra on his back, and followed after him quickly. She ran faster than the others, beating Lincoln and them to a more covered spot.

"What are we gonna do? We can't move." The man that had called them bringers of death asked.

"I'm going for the shooter." Lincoln said. "I'll sound the horn when it's done."