Chapter 62

Ember had been the one to give the orders to round up all of Skaikru in the main room. They hadn't decided who to save yet, and all of them were crowding the rooms that other clans needed.

"Jaha!" A man yelled as soon as the last of Skaikru were pushed in. "What's happening?"

They closed the door with Skaikru inside, and they turned around quickly, frantic to get back in. "3 out of 4 people here are going to die today," Jaha said, looking at Ember as she stood between Bellamy and Clarke.

She bit her lip, going into the office behind her. "Just hang in there," Ember said into her radio. She'd been talking to Raven the entire day. "We're sending a team to get you today."

Ember was part of that team, she'd told Octavia and Indra that a good leader led by example, so she was going to go. Octavia was in charge while Ember was gone, Indra her advisor. "You're sure about this?" Raven asked, as everyone else slipped into the office as well.

"Yes. We need you not just for the hundreds of things we know you can fix, but for the thousands that we haven't even thought of yet."

"Thank you, Ember."

Ember smiled as Bellamy came over and put his hand on her shoulder. "I'm just glad you're alright. The team will leave soon,"

Jaha slipped into the office right as she set the radio down. "Our people are scared. We need to tell them something."

"With Raven, how many spots are there?" Clarke asked.

"Including the essential personnel and the places that we're holding for children under 16, that leaves us with 80," Abby said.

"I can't believe we're talking about sending 364 of our own people to their deaths."

Clarke glanced at Ember, who was tense as Bellamy reached for her hand. "We're lucky they're giving us any space in this bunker at all."

"Look, I don't like it any more than you do."

"Then let's fight then," Jaha replied.

"I wouldn't try that," Ember said. "Clarke, Bellamy, are you coming to get Raven with me?"

Clarke nodded, "No," Abby said, looking at Clarke. "Someone else can join them."

"Abby, I hate to tell you this, but Clarke's a Nightblood. She and I are the best suited to go. Clarke also knows the way to the island. Bellamy and I will protect her on the way there."

"Be safe," Kane said. "They'll be a place for both for you when you get back," He said, looking at Bellamy and Clarke.

The three of them left the office together, and Octavia stopped her before she entered the room with Clarke and Bellamy, giving her friend a quick hug. "Your Commander spot will be waiting for you as soon as you get back."

Ember squeezed her. "I love you, O. See you when we get back."

"Love you, Em."

~~~

Bellamy and Clarke squeezed on the radiation suits, and Abby was there to help them get it on all the way. Ember didn't have one, she didn't need one. Abby was worried that Clarke's Nightblood wouldn't work, so she made her daughter put the suit on.

"Ember, are you sure that you coming along is a smart idea?" Clarke whispered to her, Abby and Bellamy in the corner. Clarke didn't have to say why, they both knew what she was referring to. "You can get stuck in the radiation and be fine? But will it?"

"Clarke, we'll get back in time," Ember replied, her body tense. "It'll be fine."

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked, nodding her head over to Bellamy.