Chapter 18

By the time everyone was back to the Ark, it was late and everyone was tired. Ember and Bellamy had gotten a room assignment from Abby, her and him staying in one of the spare rooms on the Ark.

He looked even more exhausted than her, and she crossed her arms. "Bell, when was the last time you got any sleep?" Ember asked softly, running her finger across his cheek delicately.

He hesitated, telling Ember all she needed to know. "Come on." She muttered, moving her hand down to his and grabbing it softly. She pulled him over to the bedroom, closing the door behind them.

She took off her dirty shirt and pants, laying on the bed. She waited patiently for Bellamy to do the same, and got under to covers.

Curling up into him, she placed a kiss on his chest. "Get some sleep, I'll be right here when you wake up."

~~~

Ember left medical alone. Her and Octavia had saved two Grounders from death back at their camp, one of them being a young girl, and the other being a man who looked to be in his early twenties.

While Octavia was doing it because of who she was, Ember was doing it because she felt guilty. She didn't know why her sister had allowed Finn to kill then, seeing how she knew the truth, but blamed herself for her sisters mistake.

She noticed Bellamy and Clarke sitting at a table together, and decided to join them. She had been away from Bellamy for over an hour, the longest time since they had been apart since finding each other again.

She sat down beside him silently, grabbing his hand under the table. "We got to the dam through this tunnel." Clarke pointed to her map. "It's all connected through the mine system, that's our way in."

"Are you sure we can get past the Reapers and the Mountain Men? I swear to god if your mom doesn't sanction the mission soon I'm going by myself." Bellamy said.

Ember squeezed his hand. "You won't be alone." She told him, knowing she was going insane from an hour apart from him, she couldn't handle much longer than that.

"How are the Grounders?" Clarke asked, looking straight at Ember.

Ember pursed her lips. "As well as expected. The man has a lot of internal damage, according to Abby, so she's not sure if he'll make it. But the bullet went straight through the girl, and she only has some muscle damage. Neither are awake yet." She reported.

Clarke shook her head slightly. "I can't believe he shot a kid."

"He shot more than one." Ember said, thinking back to the previous night, looking at who all he had killed. "How is he anyways?" She asked, seeing him making his way over to them.

"I haven't talked to him since we got back." Clarke said after a moment. When the couple shot her a look, she let out a deep sigh. "I don't know what to say, he just kept shooting."

"We're at war, Clarke." Bellamy said, Ember nodding in agreement. She knew she didn't have a right to judge Finn, even though she wanted to. She had killed nine Grounders herself, after all.er all. "We've all done things."

Finn reacted the table, and stood behind the couple. "Hey." He said to Clarke.

Bellamy cleared his throat, standing up suddenly, pulling Ember up with him. "Next rounds on us." he said. He pulled Ember away.

"We shouldn't have left Clarke there alone with him." Ember said, being ignored by Bellamy, who took her over to where the drinks were being served. She looked around them, spotting Emma, staring at them. "I'll be back." She told Bellamy, squeezing his hand before letting go.