Chapter 27

Ember led the ground through the tunnels, Lexa having given her full command of that group. Lexa had trusted her to lead with her head, and not with her emotions, which Ember planned on doing carefully. Octavia and Emma were close behind her, a constant reminder that she wasn't doing this alone, a reminder Ember needed.

Indra was in front of the rest of the Grounders but behind them. Ember had her sword in one hand and Lincoln's map in the other. "According to Lincoln's map, we're getting close." Ember looked at the poorly made map, then up at the path. "It's a maze. Lincoln should be here to show us the way." She said quietly to Octavia and Emma.

"He wasn't ready. Even he knew that. He'll do well fighting with the Commander." Octavia replied, even though she wanted to agree with Ember.

There was a clang behind them, and one of the Arkers fired their gun blindly. "Stop shooting!" She shouted at him. She moved back towards him, pushing his gun to point down at the ground. "The Reapers are not the enemy! We do not kill them unless-"

Reapers came at them from several different directions, and Ember pulled out a toning device alone with a few others. "Now!" She shouted, turning hers on and the others quickly following.

"Tranquilizers." Jackson said, handing some to Octavia and Emma, who moved forward and sharted injecting them into the Reapers. "Go for the jugular."

"Secure their hands and feet." Octavia said, taking out rope and tying one of their hands together.

"Well done." Jackson told the two girls. "They'll be out for a while. We'll come back for them."

Indra flipped one of them over, and Ember noticed that she was staring at him. "You know him?" Ember asked. "He'll be okay. Abby will help him."

Ember and Emma stood next to each other, and waited for everyone to be ready. Ember pulled out her sword, and glanced at Emma, who held her pistol tensely. Ember gave her a shaky smile. "Let's go. We have to find that door." She told everyone.

~~~

The group turned around the corner, Octavia smiling brightly when they saw the door. "We found it."

"You guys found it." Indra corrected her, looking at the three Arkers. "It appears we didn't need Lincoln after all. You've done well Octavia and Ember of the Tree People."

Octavia exchanged a look with the twins, before turning to Indra. "What does that mean?"

"What you think it means." Indra retorted.

"I think I want to hear you say it." Octavia shot back.

Indra looked over the three, her facial expression proud. "You're both one of us now."

~~~

A horn blew as they all stood around waiting for the door to unlock. Indra looked around confused, before meeting Ember's eyes. "We're retreating."

Ember shook her head immediately, Emma and Octavia standing right beside her. "That can't be right." Octavia said, also not believing her words.

"We have to go. Now!"

All but the twins and Octavia went to leave with Indra, as Ember took a step forward. "Indra, wait! They're still in there."

Indra turned back and looked at the three, angry they weren't following her. "And our Commander's out there, under attack for all we know." she said, expecting them to follow her.

"I don't trust her, not after Tondc, and neither should you." Octavia said, Ember nodding in agreement when Octavia looked to her for help.

"I gave you a direct order." Indra said, knowing Ember was put in charge but they'd retreat because of the horn.

"Please." Octavia gave a pleading look. "This was the plan. If we're not here with the tone generators when they come out, Reapers will kill-"

"Plans change." Indra said simple.

"Octavia, Ember, Emma. Let's go."

"I'm not going anywhere without my people." Ember said, Octavia and Emma nodded in agreement, supporting Ember.

Indra looked to Octavia, pulling out her knife and holding it to Octavia's throat. Ember pulled her sword out and held it to Indra's heart, ready to stab. Emma had her gun up, finger on the trigger. "You are no longer my second."

She removed the knife, cutting part of her throat as she did so. Ember pressed her sword into Indra's chest, looking towards the Grounders that went to jump to Indra's defense. "Don't test me." She growled out to them.

Not wanting to hurt Indra, she looked to Emma and Octavia for advice. Octavia shook her head slightly, and Emma followed soon after. Ember removed the sword. Seeing the torn clothing from the sharp end. "Leave."

Indra didn't have to be told twice, rushing out of sight with the Grounders on her heels. Jackson looked to them "Please. Come home with us."

Octavia looked to the twins, who held their heads high. "We have no home." Emma replied.

Jackson nodded slowly, setting down his pack. "You'll need this." He turned to leave. "Come on." He said to the guards that had stayed. He took the rest of the crew, leaving only Emma, Ember, and Octavia.

A/N: I'll try to have the last chapter of season 2 up tonight since there wasn't much in this episode for Emma and Ember to fit in