Chapter 68

They didn't leave the next day. Ember had made some ink, finally ready to get a tattoo. She'd been thinking about it before praimfaya hit, and now she was ready to get it. Clarke had offered to give her the tattoo, Ember lacking the artistic skills she needed. Clarke had been drawing all their friend's faces in her spare time lately, and so she limped outside, using the spear as a cane.

Ember sat at one of the tables, the ink beside her. "Are you sure you want this?" Clarke asked, sitting down across from her. She had no problems with it, she just didn't want Ember to regret it right afterwards.

Ember laid her arm on the table. "I've never been more sure. Let's do this,"

She had three tattoos in total that Clarke was gonna give her. One of them was one all commanders had, the infinity sign at the back of their necks. She should've gotten it the second she got the Flame, but never got the chance. That was the one Clarke was gonna do first, one that she figured would be most painful.

The next two tattoos were going to go together. The Trikru symbol, and the phrase 'may we meet again' for both Lexa and Lincoln. Clarke loved this idea, and even helped come up with the overall design of it all.

Ember liked the ideas, and when Clarke agreed that it was a good plan, she decided it was time to get the tattoos.

Clarke had Ember moved the chair to her side of the table and sit facing away from her so she could start. "I saw the girl again last night," Clarke said, starting the tattoo so Ember couldn't move around.

Ember didn't react to the needle touching her skin, used to pain. She'd learned to cover up all pain. "You did? When? Why are you just telling me?

"Calm down, I woke up late and she was just standing there outside of the window. She ran when she noticed I was awake though. But... she got inside."

"She was in the house?"

"She took my gun," Clarke said. "I thought about waking you up, but you haven't been sleeping much lately."

Ember nodded. "I don't think she's too much of a threat, and even if she was, we're the last three people on Earth right now, we're not gonna go around killing each other."

"Agreed. She was probably just scared."

~~~

The next day they made a trip down to the lake to get some water. Ember put her hand out to stop Clarke, glancing near the water. The kid had a spear in hand and she watched the water carefully before stabbing down catching a fish at the end.

"Could you teach us that?" Ember asked.

The girl turned around quickly looking at them for only a moment before running away with the spear and fish. "Wait!" Clarke shouted after her, but neither chased her. "Give me back my things! Please!"

Clarke hobbled over to the water and sat down on a rock. She lifted her pant leg up, looking at the wound. The stitches were done poorly, but weren't terrible. "The last three people on Earth and one of them happens to be the child from hell."

Ember laughed as Clarke lowered her leg into the water and winced. "Well, you could offer her a peace offering?"

"Like what?"

"A drawing."

It didn't take long for Clarke to finish the drawing. Clarke thought it was a good plan, and but as much detail in the drawing of the girl as she could.

They knew the girl was watching them, but neither reached to her, not wanting to scare her off.

When Clarke was done, she ripped the page out of her notebook. She put the rest of her things into her pack, then put on her shoes. "Come on," Clarke told Ember.