Chapter 47

Ember wasn't sure why they had a small group of them standing outside of a room. It was almost half of the prisoners, and she was glad she'd gotten in the same group as Octavia, so the girl wouldn't be alone.

Murphy was in her group too, along with a few others that she'd grown close with. Emma was in the other group, and she wasn't exactly sure if she was happy about that or not. Ever since Logan had been floated, she'd been distant "What do you think they're gonna do to us?" Miller asked, squeezing himself between Murphy and Ember.

"It can't be anything too bad, some of us have people who visit us every week and they'd notice if something happened,"

"If there's anything the councils good at, it's keeping people oblivious," Murphy stated. "Don't get too cocky. Always expect that they can do something to us." He looked around at everyone. "We're not all loved like Spacewalker."

"Just don't do anything stupid," Ember added, making eye contact with Murphy as she said it.

"Stupid's my middle name, you're gonna have to target someone else for that statement."

Ember let out a short laugh as the door opened, and they signaled them inside. Ember kept close to Octavia as she entered first, taking a seat in the front row, Octavia right beside her.

Murphy sat right behind them. "Of course they bring him in."

"Welcome to Earth Skills," Pike greeted.

~~~

"It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage," Jasper said, looking at the map from the back of the rover. "Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village."

"At least we know we're going in the right direction," Bellamy replied, keeping his eyes on the ground in front of the rover.

"We're running out of daylight. We should stop in the sun and recharge the battery."

Ember glanced outside, it had been cloudy and raining all day. "What sun? We keep going until it dies."

"We keep going until we get to Luna," Octavia corrected her.

"This her?" Jasper asked, holding up the photo for Octavia and Clarke to see.

"Yes," Octavia replied.

Ember turned her head away from the window and into the back of the rover. " Let me see," she said. When she saw the photo of the curly-haired girl, she stated, "She looks crazy."

"What do you think she's gonna say when we show up asking to put an AI in her head?"

"Lincoln said she helps those that are in trouble," Octavia said. "She'll help us too."

Bellamy slammed on the brakes. "What is it now?" Ember asked, turned around to look at why they stopped.

"You think she can help us find a better map?" Jasper asked. There was a fallen tree in the middle of their way, and this wasn't the first time it had happened.

"Backtrack," Bellamy said. "Find somewhere where the trees aren't so bad."

Octavia opened the back and jumped out of the rover. "Hey!" Bellamy yelled after her.

Ember sighed, looking out at the rain. "Guess we're going on foot,"

Octavia was running, and Ember jumped out and ran after her. "Anyone hear the part where I said it could be days?"

"Stop!" Octavia yelled. She turned towards the others. "You hear that?"

Ember stopped to listen, the air was cold and she could hear water, it was the same sound she heard from the dam at Mount Weather. "Water," Ember said.